Woven trim Alexa - how well does it wear?

s_kat

Apr 14, 2013
Ladies, I would appreciate your expert advice!

I managed to track down a woven trim Alexa from one of the outlets, and it arrived today - the berry colour is gorgeous...

... but although I look after my bags well, I don't want to have to baby this one.

I'd be really interested to hear views on both the leather, and whether or not the woven trim (which sticks out past the piping at the edges of the bag) is likely to show signs of wear quickly.

TIA!

I think you will be absolutely fine with this colour

I have the pale pink version and the woven bit does rub and show colour transfer, but it wipes off immediately - you won't have that issue :yes:

The leather is lovely on the woven trims so I think you will really enjoy it :tup:

I've been using my berry trim Alexa practically daily for several months now and it is wearing v well. The only flaws - I've managed to scrape the postman's lock and a tiny bit of the inking at the point where the strap meets the bag has come away. Both probably due to me not taking a lot of care with it,I don't baby bags. Trim is still perfect. Better leather than my oak Alexa, bought back in 2010.

It's been shoved in overhead lockers on planes and caught in a massive downpour - protective spray did the job. I wouldn't have any worries if I were you.

I agree with Chloe Babe and Wordsworth... Some rubbing on the leather is beginning to show on mine after owning for about a year. If a surface scratch shows up, I just rub it off with collonil leather gel. I've been caught in the rain a couple of times and as long as you spray collonil as suggested, the water just slides off. I have the berry too and it still looks great.

Is the berry the same leather as the BF tassel bag? Also is the Berry a similar colour to BF?

Whilst I love my new bag, I'm struggling with the push lock, have already scraped the leather by the lock with my fingernail and am thinking the ordinary postmans lock would suit me better.

I love the BF though as the colour seems to change in different lighting and never looks the same. I'm not sure if berry would be too bright for me.

Congrats on your new bag..... Any pics?

Is the berry the same leather as the BF tassel bag? Also is the Berry a similar colour to BF?

Whilst I love my new bag, I'm struggling with the push lock, have already scraped the leather by the lock with my fingernail and am thinking the ordinary postmans lock would suit me better.

I love the BF though as the colour seems to change in different lighting and never looks the same. I'm not sure if berry would be too bright for me.

I have a BF Del Rey as well as the berry Alexa & I think the Del Rey leather is thinner than the Alexa leather - the Del Rey certainly seems to show water marks more in my case (although has dried out without leaving any sign). The colours are similar but I think the berry is slightly brighter/not as deep...that might just be my eyes though.

The Alexa is small grain calf nappa - not sure if BF tassel is the same?

I'd say the colours are similar, but berry may be slightly darker and more pink than BF... but it's tough to describe and I'm sure everyone would have a different description of the differences! Wish I had a comparison pic for you, but anyway here is the Alexa:

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1401265194.639556.jpg

Last edited:

I struggle with the push lock too , I found a ink blue alexa on ebay but been trying to sell it on for what I paid however struggling a bit to reach it!

I find postmans lock much easier to use I got a little frustrated with the push lock after using it for only the second time ...

Lol..... I simply can't justify another one.....without moving one on and I can't make my mind up! Argh......
It's a tough one. At least with mail order you could return for a refund if you decided you preferred your BF bag... and York only had 3 more of these after I ordered mine on Friday afternoon... but I am still definitely NOT enabling!! :lol:

It's a tough one. At least with mail order you could return for a refund if you decided you preferred your BF bag... and York only had 3 more of these after I ordered mine on Friday afternoon... but I am still definitely NOT enabling!! :lol:

Lol..... Just in the process of disabling u account and leaving TPF forever............