Wouldnt like to be this husband!!!

joviscot

*BONNIE SCOTLAND*
Oct 5, 2008
Heard this from a friend who works at a Jewlery Store up here in Scotland.

A friend of someone else who works there, had her birthday recently. Her husband asked her what she wanted - a J12 Chanel watch ....... so he bought her one. On her birthday she unpacked the "Chanel" box etc and put her watch on her wrist.

Anyway, she took the watch into the store to show her friend who promptly told her it was fake ...... she said "no my husband bought it for me, its real not fake" ...... they offered to open up the back and check for her .... on doing so, they discovered that it was indeed fake ......

She confronted her husband who admitted that once he found out the price he decided he wasnt going to pay that much so checked Ebay and bought her one for £200 ($350) !!! He hoped she would never find out!!

OOPPSSS!!!

he shouldnt have tried to pull a fast one on her. he should have just been honest and said i don't want to spend that much and then she could have picked out something else.

I work in a jewelry store and have had those situations come up. A lady came in to have her diamond cleaned. It was a 2+ carat and it was a cubic zirconia. She was told she could have it cleaned but it wouldn't be totally restored since it was a CZ (cz's retain a cloudiness after awhile of wear). She was outraged and said that her husband had purchased it for their anniversary, etc., etc. Well the guy was sitting outside in the car waiting for her.......can you imagine that conversation???!!! LOL

he shouldnt have tried to pull a fast one on her. he should have just been honest and said i don't want to spend that much and then she could have picked out something else.

I dont know if the wife knew how much the J12s cost in the first place ...... if she didnt, then yeah he should have said something .... its a lot of money!!

Oh man... The J12 story is funny but a guy who tries to pass a 2 carat off as real...? I think he probably had to go buy a 2.5 real one to make up for it. Hah hah. ;)

I work in a jewelry store and have had those situations come up. A lady came in to have her diamond cleaned. It was a 2+ carat and it was a cubic zirconia. She was told she could have it cleaned but it wouldn't be totally restored since it was a CZ (cz's retain a cloudiness after awhile of wear). She was outraged and said that her husband had purchased it for their anniversary, etc., etc. Well the guy was sitting outside in the car waiting for her.......can you imagine that conversation???!!! LOL

i agree. he didn't have to lie to her. how embarrassing for the lady. i would've liked to be a fly on the wall for that confrontation!