Would your rather buy a smartwatch or a luxury watch ?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I’ve been leaning towards a smartwatch but was wondering everyone’s opinions ? And does anyone know any midrange luxury smartwatches ? I am love Apple but not rlly in love with the look of there smartwatch nor do I find the functions that special or advanced quite honestly !

2. I have a Rolex, which I love.

I also have a Fitbit (second one) and that's what I rely on for tracking my steps/stairs, and heart rate, it's enough for me. Also I have an app on my iphone that tracks steps, distance and maybe more (I just use the distance part pretty much).

I have never been attracted to the Apple smart watch; my nephew got one soon after the first one came out and I was interested but then I saw how small screen was (how can I read a text that small) and that (at that time) an iphone had to be close by to use some of the features so I said "not for me." But I do see them on people's wrists a LOT, obviously way more than I see a Rolex on a wrist, so they are popular..But as with the iphones, it seems a new version comes along with more bells & whistles every year or so.

There is probably a lot of info on the smartwatch thread here on TPF.

Deleted member 629947 likes this.
  3. My cellphone is already enough radiation for me. I’d rather have a mechanical watch or a solar powered quartz for sports than a smart watch any day of the week.

4. I barely wear my lux watch these days so I am not even remotely interested in a smartwatch... I can do all of it through my phone.

5. I know my brother pointed that out too it’s just for me I love wearing a watch I am very used to it so bring without one isn’t really a choice for me that’s why I am wondering which one.

6. I would rather have a luxury watch, than a smart watch.

My husband wears his Apple Watch all the time and loves it. I just don't get it.

I don't have any high end watches, just Movado, Citizen and a fun Minnie Mouse watch I got at Walmart I think, but I do like watches. I have five watches and would be happy to add more watches to my collection, but not a smart watch. Shrugs.

Whatever you choose, I hope you enjoy it!

ntaher7 likes this.
  7. I have both and have to admit I don’t get enough use of them. Apple Watch was my fav toy for a week and then I couldn’t be bothered to charge it every day, it’s a real shortcoming for this otherwise cool gadget. My lux watches don’t get much attention either, probably because they’re everyday ‘dress’. Now, I think perhaps if I had a more sporty lux watch (waterproof, date, automatic etc) I would wear it all the time. If you’re going for an everyday watch get something lux but practical.

8. I'd rather have earrings. :biggrin:

That said, DH wears two smart watches at once, so maybe I'm missing something.

Sparkletastic likes this.
  9. My husband and I both have luxury watches. My husband has several yet he only wears his Apple Watch. I wear my Rolex infrequently and sold my Apple Watch. I tried the Apple Watch but I just wasn’t a fan. I still deferred to my phone for time, texts, weather, etc.... plus I am a bracelet girl and my bracelets didn’t mesh with my Apple Watch.
    BUT if I had to choose between the two, I’d choose luxury watch OR put that money towards a bag or other jewelry.

10. I don’t prefer one to the other based on looks etc. but currently, I seem to wear my Apple Watch more than l do my luxury watches.
    F5F30E87-94BC-4BB0-A099-A45EF8F42190.jpeg

11. This is a hard one! I get it I have the problem too!

I have 4 'nice' watches which I got for various Christmas's and birthdays over the years. I have a fit bit versa now haha. I wear my 4 fancy ones when I go out and I use the fit bit for every day to track my steps and my activity. I go to the gym, have personal training sessions and yoga where its really cool to track calories burned and whether I can have chocolate that evening or not haha.
    I miss my fancy watches. I still have them but I miss wearing them every day. I was very anti smart watch in the beginning but the tracking is super handy.
    :smile:

megt10 likes this.
  12. You know i am thinking and I haven’t checked but I am sure it exists if there are bracelets that track heart rate and steps/distance I walk in a day I wouldn’t really care for a smartwatch I don’t know why your post got that in my head but thanks ! Also do you mind checking my page I would love an opinion on wedding rings :smile:

JessicaRabbit1 likes this.
  14. I wear Apple watch for work, to the gym or when I go out and don't want to take my phone out of the bag each time I receive some text adverts/texts from the bank. You can also use it as a credit card which is sometimes more convenient than paying by phone. You can use it to monitor your physical activity and heartbeat.
    I had some radiation concerns, but then I learned it's safer than having a 3G/LTE block in the phone.
    In my opinion it is absolutely different from a luxury watch. It has much more casual look. And in general most ordinary watches, in my opinion, look better.

ntaher7 likes this.
  15. Hello all:smile: I wore my Apple Watch almost every day last summer till I noticed it made almost a burn looking mark on my wrist under the watch. It has since faded substantially but the mark is still there. I no longer wear my Apple Watch daily. I will wear it when hiking/running/etc but i take it off as soon as I finish & read the results. Pic below is the mark on my wrist today - it was a lot darker... and definitely was not there prior to wearing the Apple Watch daily. So... I would say for daily wear a non-smart Watch is the safer bet.

IMG_0054.JPG