Would your LV bags still look good after 7 years?

I ann glad for this thread. I really baby my bags, I have a damier speedy I have had for over a year and it looks good as new. Except for an ink stain on the inside, there is really no trace that it has a had anything but very light use

for me my LV bags still looks great after years ...for 1 i dont carry the same bag everyday...i switch out bags just about everyday which helps to preserve them in my OP...and in addition i dont over load my bags with too many unneeded things/items...this can help tear/ damage the bag ya know....:smile:, the only thing i absolutely hate about LV bags is when the leather turn a dark honey brown color...thats when i just give them away...i dont like that:nogood:

definitely durable. the 25 year old speedy mentioned is not the only one i'm sure. i personally wouldn't pay for LV if it were not durable. btw, i read an article about LV one day which said that they test for durability by having someone actually pull the zipper on each bag a few hundred times (or something ridiculous like that!) to make sure it doesn't break. i hope to keep my new speedy for the next 25 years:smile: that means i don't really 'need' to buy any more handbags:smile: but will i 'want' to, yes!

Yes they are!! Take for example, my pochette accessories I bought when I was 11. Seven years later, I still have it and recently got all the vachetta replaced, and it looks just like new. The old strap was getting too dark after taking it out partying in college, but other than that it is in perfect shape! Even my SA commented on how well I take care of my bags.

Yes. My Monceau is almost 25 years old, a couple of month ago it had the first problem. You can see pics and read about it in my post
My speedy is 7 years old and looks great and I use it very, very often.
I have a wallet that is 17 years old, since I bought it I used it every day.
I never took special care of my bags or wallets, and I can say that LV is indestructible.

My oldest is only 5 years or so, it is a vernis Mallory Square. Still looks brand new, besides the vachetta has a little patina. So I will say yes, but of course like every thing else, you need to take care of it:smile: Good luck whit your new LV

I have a speedy that is about 25 years old and with the exception of a couple of ink spots inside, it looks brand new! So the answer is yes.

If you take care of your LV purse, then it will last a very long time. This means not banging it around, putting it on the bathroom counter or floor (I've seen people do this - yuck), and not carrying the LV purse in the rain.

Sorry to report that my Popincourt Haut needed the trim replaced after only 2 years. This purse only gets occasional use and I've been very disappointed in the leather quality. The Damier leather seems to be more durable. The rest of the material in both styles of bag is just vinyl coated canvas - nothing special but is at least durable. This brand is no longer worth the exorbitant prices IMHO and I will no longer buy the brand. The image has also suffered since it's now becoming more of a mass brand like Coach. It's no longer fun seeing everyone carrying the same bag.

I've had my currently oldest LV--a large mono bucket--for almost 12 years; it looks great. I have pieces from the mono, vernis, mini mono glace, damier ebene and azur lines, and the only piece that has sustained any noticeable damage is a small scratch on the corner of my amarante Bellevue GM, which I carried daily for a number of months in rain or shine, and handled rather roughly. I find that LV holds up very well, and frankly if it didn't, I would complain.

My mother handed me down a Mono wallet from 24 years ago and its still in Immaculate condition!! I also have a few LV mono bags handed down and they are still in Immaculate condition... but my mother did take care of her things really well.

On that same note, I did buy a kisslock wallet on ebay that was younger than my mother's wallet and it was in Terrible condition when I received it... they did refund me back my money - but it's really how the person takes care of their handbags and wallets, etc.

You don't have to care for them with kid gloves, but respecting the item instead of being rough with it will help prolong the life tremendously!! :biggrin: Thanks Mum!! :biggrin: