Would you work as an SA at LV to feed your bag obsession?

like some here said, i think i would do it for a day or two. maybe.

at 26, i like to think that my retail...experiences:P...are behind me! some of the treatment that ive seen of employees in the lv store has been really, truly appalling.

...but then if you look on the bright side, i will get fun customers that have the same attitude towards the bags that i do....and i do love a good purse chat.

I am a SAHM and just starting to look for a part time job as my daughter starts private school next year. I only need a small job so that we can pay for some incidentals. I don't think I will ever work full time again. I would LVoe to work for LV, sadly though the nearest one is 3 hours away in Chicago. :sad:

Very interesting comments. I changed my mind, it would not be fun!
It is however interesting to hear about what "benefits" they get, in terms of discount. I did not think it was so much of a discount, but I guess if you do have to deal with really difficult customers all day you better get something in return.

it was very intresting
I think I would agree as part of a "simple life interns" series :smile:

I think I'd do it on the weekends. Certainly wouldn't quit my day job but I think it would be an interesting second job. The whole luxury retail aspect interests me, the discount isn't much in the scheme of things. How much is their base pay? A bonus is great for meeting a sales goal but if the base pay isn't great, it technically isn't going to get you a bag as often as one may think.

Interesting that most everyone here says 'no' and acknowledge that the retail nature of the job sucks and you have to deal with whiny high maintenance customers all day, etc.... Yet likely more than half of you people would be the first to complain in the "I got terrible, rude service blah blah" thread about your horrendous experience at LV and how you can't understand why you aren't being treated like royalty, and why the SA's are so *****y.

Just sayin'.

I chuckled. :smile: very good point.

Anything that got to do with handling with customers is tough. Not just retail line.

I think working as a SA might be interesting for LV "beginners" but not so for the "seasoned collector". Which means the beginners probably has little info about LV and the hunger to know more and learn more. It will be good for them to utilize the 20% to maximise their collection.

With that said, so if you are diagnosed with LV obsession, keep it out from being a SA. Just feed your obsession with regular visits to the store will do.

I would not, but only because of ice cream....what does this have to do with LV? Well when I was in HS I worked in an ice cream shop and I ate ice cream every second I could. Lunch break? Vanilla.15 min break? Chocolate oh look its 5pm break? mint chip...You get the picture. Not only did my thighs suffer I began to get bored (gasp:faint:) of ice cream. I would hate to ruin the "flavor" of LV for me not to mention I obviously have no self control!

HA! Excellent point.. I, too, used to work as an ice cream scooper in high school and ate more than I care to admit. Still to this day I don't eat ice cream more than a handful of times a year! lol :lol:

How funny that I see this thread today when I was telling my dad that I would so work as a SA at the LV store because I really enjoy looking and learning more about these products I really wonder where we would have to apply to get this job because I think I would have so much fun working there

As much as I love Louis Vuitton, I would not work as an SA. I think too much LV would desensitize me to the brand. I understand the appeal of working for a brand you love and reaping the discounts, but I cannot realistically see myself working as an SA. There's more to life than materialistic things and I most certainly do not want to define my entire career around my bag obsession. But if it were diamonds, I might just change my case on that ;)