would you wear gold jewelry with gray clothes?

jhazn85

O.G.
Jan 3, 2007
I don't know if this is just something that I'm confused about, but I've always tried to match my jewelry to my clothes...for instance, if I'm wearing something green, brown, or purple, I'd try to wear gold jewelry. But for winter, gray is so in! I just recently bought a bunch of gray clothes and I'm wondering...would you wear gold jewelry with gray clothes??

If we're talking about yellow gold, then it totally depends on the shade of gray. If it was a light or blue-ish gray I would. If it was a darker, more charcoal gray I wouldn't.

Angelina Jolie pulled this off recently at some event...I will try to find pics. If I remember correctly she wore a mid-grey dress with that very yellow, Indian-looking gold jewelry and she looked fantastic.

Found one! To answer the question, I personally wouldn't wear it simply because gold isn't my colour but I do think that gold and grey in the right tones can look great together!

Attachments

• AJ.jpg
    AJ.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 20,305
I think if you do it with thought it can look exetremly stylish!!!!! As someone posted before,yellow isn't my color,it just does'nt flatter my skin tone,but on the right girl it gives off a lovely warm feel.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

yes! in fact it's one of my favourite combinations. i love dark grey and yellow for the same reason.
but then i'm the type of person that avoids being too matchy-matchy, i think looking for an interesting contrast is what brings out the best in clothes and jewelry.

Honestly I think gold - white or yellow can be worn with just about everything.
I have been wearing strictly white gold/platinum/sterling for years but recently
branched out & got a nice chunky pair of yellow gold hoops. Sometimes I found myself
wishing I had a little yellow:smile: Yellow gold with gray can be very pretty. Some of
my friends are strictly yellow gold girls & they never look 'off'.