Would you wear dresses with shoulder pads?

May 10, 2009
New York City
I know the looks is really big thanks to Balmain and all these celebrities are wearing dresses and blazers with shoulder pads and they look absolutely amazing in my opinion. A while ago I bought a vintage dress on Ebay, from the pictures I couldn't tell there were pads. I wore it once at the end of the school year and my friend said she hated the print and thought it was loud and granny-ish. I really don't care about that, but would YOU wear a dress with small shoulder pads? Or do you think it looks too strange?

I'll post up a picture of the dress later. Just want to see what you guys think!

pugtolove

O.G.
Mar 26, 2009
California
totally depends how you accessorize the dress, would love to see a pic as if you were going to wear the dress out, if you took the dress and put it with "now booties or boots and some other goodies, why not...let's see how it looks.

lilflobowl

V
O.G.
Jul 27, 2007
Singapore
It depends on the cutting of the dress for me... I do think that girls with smaller/droopy shoulders should wear shoulder pads though because it helps to balance their frames a bit more & also doesn't let the tops droop too much.

Aug 17, 2008
It just depends on what the dress looks like and if it looks modern despite having shoulder pads. Some blazers and dresses with shoulder pads look fantastic, others look like scary 80s relics.

jen_sparro

Jen
O.G.
Mar 27, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Depends I think completely on your body type. I have wide shoulders and I'm short therefore I look strange in anything padded (and I'm no an of the eighties). But if you have narrow shoulders and have a reasonable amount of height I don't see why not.

After saying all that, if you love the dress and are happy then why not just wear it? I have a dress I adore that my parents think is too short and shows too much boob but since I love it I wear it and just ignore them. I say wear it with pride and enjoy! :biggrin:

Lindseey

Aug 13, 2009
i might! like everyone else is saying, it depends what it looks like or what your body type is. some can rock it while others can't. i think they'd be fun to wear.

carousel eyes

Dec 4, 2008
Chicago
I would love to cos I really like a lot of the pieces I've seen; however, I'd probably ultimately choose not to. I have broad shoulders as it is, and I feel like it would accentuate them in a bad way.