Would you wear a Burberry quilted jacket?

jess236

O.G.
Apr 4, 2011
I bought a Burberry quilted jacket a few years ago, but I realized that I haven't worn it in ages. I can't get past this feeling that it is out of style (even thought it is a classic piece). I also rarely, if ever, see someone wearing one. Is anyone here buying or still wearing their quilted jackets? Does anyone else think it's out of style?

I bought a Burberry quilted jacket a few years ago, but I realized that I haven't worn it in ages. I can't get past this feeling that it is out of style (even thought it is a classic piece). I also rarely, if ever, see someone wearing one. Is anyone here buying or still wearing their quilted jackets? Does anyone else think it's out of style?
Definitely not. My mom (very fashion-conscious woman!) wanted one for years, bought it, and has since been wearing it for years so just goes to show you how long it's been in style! It's a very classic British style, something you'd see on Kate Middleton, and in America, it's quite a preppy style. My best friend who is Southern-style preppy/elegant wears one all the time as well!

Reactions: jbags07
Never bought one. But I wore Burberry classic trenches for years when no one else did. And, I bought an etro quilted jacket instead (which was a less boxy cut and fit me better).another option, more functional, less fashion, is Barbour

Reactions: jbags07 and jess236
I don’t think quilted jackets are out of style but I do think there’s something about a Burberry one that seems a bit dated. Especially that very preppy look with sleeves folded up. Maybe because it was just so unbiquitous at one time and isn’t as ubiquitous now? I still wear mine without a care to trends but if I were buying a jacket today I’d probably choose something more current. Just my humble opinion.

Reactions: nicole.li and 880