Would you wear a belt with this long gown?

monidda

Jan 31, 2014
Hi there I earned a Caribbean Cruise through the Company I work with. Now we are not cruise people but a free jolly is a free jolly right? I need a long dress for the formal nights and thought of maybe using this one. However I feel like I want to add a belt, it just looks empty to me. What do you think?
Thank you

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 355
It depends where the waist-line is whether you can add a belt or not......it's hard to see from the photo but if the black goes to the waist, it should be fine, if the black stops higher then no, it wouldn't work as the proportions will be weird.........

If you are going to wear a belt, I think a plain black one would look better (it's more discreet) and easier to match than silver.

Thank you so much ladies, what you can't see properly from this picture is that the top has a gold metal piece so not sure silver belt will work.
I think I would try a black thin one.
Princess Pink the waist line hits me on my waistline and my waist is my best asset, I am blessed with a long and narrow trunk about the only body part I can't fault :biggrin:
Ok and what about shoes? Nude, gold?
Thank you for your help.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 270
Thank you so much ladies, what you can't see properly from this picture is that the top has a gold metal piece so not sure silver belt will work.
I think I would try a black thin one.
Princess Pink the waist line hits me on my waistline and my waist is my best asset, I am blessed with a long and narrow trunk about the only body part I can't fault :biggrin:
Ok and what about shoes? Nude, gold?
Thank you for your help.
I would not wear gold shoes.....Nude shoes, yes!

I think this dress would look lovely with a velvet waist belt with a gold/sparkly clasp. As for shoes I would probably go for black with some gold accents. I've just googled some images of what I roughly had in mind :smile: Would love to see pics of what you end up deciding on!

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1392039819.869891.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1392039830.751982.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1392040465.278569.jpg