Would you still buy LV if it was made in China?

Would you still buy LV if it was made in China?

• Yes

Votes: 17 8.6%
  • No

Votes: 181 91.4%

• Total voters
China does seem to have a bad reputation when it comes to manufacturing. To the point that there's not much trust amongst its own people buying home grown brands made in their own country. Many would rather buy western brands that have stringent health and safety standards or are registered and regulated have strict compliance. And then there's a problem with the country's obession with replicating anything and everything. Even if it takes over a luxury brand I think it will only end in doom because of its bad reputation it will be a hard stigma to shake off, will take a few generations of change to shake off.

Reactions: mcgummerson
Well, if I am completely honest with myself, I am not a fan of their "Made in Spain" wallets and belts, not to mention the "Made in Italy" pieces. It just reminds me of Gucci, and I hate Gucci a lot.
It is probably not a coincidence that they market Moynat as a brand with only "Made in France" products, made from French tanned leather, etc... We just need this feeling that we buy a piece of France.
My other though is that while the final assembly happens in France, I fear that most of the building parts might actually be produced in the Far East. I mean, where is the canvas printed? Where are the hardware pieces molded and anodized? I have a feeling that they travel thousands of miles in containers until they reach the shores of France... :sad:

Reactions: Hivona and Kodi325
Maybe I m weird... but i would stop buying Louis Vuitton items if "prices dropped significantly." Am I alone?? :shocked::eek::coolio:

You're definitely not alone. Its why I stopped buying from another brand. They would release a new style, tout it as their main bag line destined to be a classic, then drop the price with discounts/sales/outlet and discontinue it. I don't want to play the sale game or watch prices drop significantly for something I paid full price for a few months ago.

Reactions: Nivahra and litchi
No I would not. I remember my first higher end "designer" bag I bought, above Coach, was a beautiful Burberry black leather satchel and I was over the moon excited about it. I got it home and loved it until I looked inside at all the compartments and saw to my surprise the made in Italy tag said made in China. I felt so deflated. Back it went the next day. If I'm paying more money than I would for a Coach bag, it better not be made in China.

Reactions: litchi
I would if the quality was exactly the same. My first thought was "NO" but then I realized that my iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch are all made there. Those are my absolutely most used items. I'm really not into LV for some romantic Paris fantasy. I really don't care where it's made.

I am with you!! ...btw how do we know all of these "made in France" tags are not printed n China? Anyone has proof? As long as quality meets the standards I am ok with any "made in...." tag. I wouldn't want bags to go down in price but I wouldn't pass on a LV based on where it's made;)

Brbry is 80% made in China and Prada as well- I still love their jackets and yes I was disappointed with the tag but I got over it....they still meet all the standards with stitching and materials. On the other hand "Made n Romania" Moncler constantly has issue with zippers I've replaced 2 already under 1 year of use!

no, although most products these days contain parts from all over the place, so i wouldn't be surprised if small LV items that go onto finished bags (like zippers and etc.) are sourced there anyway.