Would you still buy LV if it was made in China?

Would you still buy LV if it was made in China?

• Yes

Votes: 16 8.1%
  • No

Votes: 181 91.9%

• Total voters

lvmk

Oct 5, 2014
Just a thread created purely out of curiosity. Would you continue to buy LV if it was made in China? Why or why not? All opinions welcome!

Elaria

Feb 6, 2017
No, because I believe quality would go down to cut operating costs. If there were absolutely zero changes in quality versus a US, France, etc. made-bag, then I wouldn't mind if it was made in China.

MrsHinzo

May 16, 2017
I worked for an American manufacturer of a high end finishings. I found that Europeans are willing to pay top dollar for things manufactured in the States. Even when the same product is available in their country and has a great reputation of quality world wide and vice versa, Americans will pay top dollar for items manufactured in France even when they can obtain a quality made material from the states. But no matter where I go, China has a bad reputation. I think their codes for acceptable handling and procurement of materials has a lot to do with it even before you take into account manufacturing. Not all leathers are equal in quality. I would hate for LV to move to China.