Would you still buy LV if it was made in China?

?

Would you still buy LV if it was made in China?

1. Yes

16 vote(s)
    8.4%
  2. No

175 vote(s)
    91.6%
  1. Just a thread created purely out of curiosity. Would you continue to buy LV if it was made in China? Why or why not? All opinions welcome!

2. No, because I believe quality would go down to cut operating costs. If there were absolutely zero changes in quality versus a US, France, etc. made-bag, then I wouldn't mind if it was made in China.

k1zuna, llviolet and daysha like this.
  3. I wouldnt buy if they are going to still charge the same price. As production cost would be cheaper in China. But it would be a big risk for LV if they did. I feel it would have a negative impact on them in the long run.

Mimi_09, pmburk, llviolet and 4 others like this.
  4. Probably.... I wanted to say "no!" at first then thought "whom am I kidding?!" I would always buy a LV even if it t was made in Hell as long as it stood up to its name and fit all the quality standards.

5. I couldn't bring myself to buy LV if it were made in China.

6. NEVER..... BECAUSE ITS MADE IN CHINA!!!! Now, you have me thinking why I have two bags made in USA..

7. No

Mimi_09 likes this.
  8. Only if the prices dropped to accordingly with the lowered labor expense.

I have handmade leather bags from China that are amazing, but I can't justify spending thousands on a bag when I know that's how much they'd make in a year.

k1zuna, llviolet, IceDancer and 5 others like this.
  9. Absolutely NOT!

10. #10 May 16, 2017
    Last edited: May 16, 2017

11. Yes, if it has the same quality.

12. I worked for an American manufacturer of a high end finishings. I found that Europeans are willing to pay top dollar for things manufactured in the States. Even when the same product is available in their country and has a great reputation of quality world wide and vice versa, Americans will pay top dollar for items manufactured in France even when they can obtain a quality made material from the states. But no matter where I go, China has a bad reputation. I think their codes for acceptable handling and procurement of materials has a lot to do with it even before you take into account manufacturing. Not all leathers are equal in quality. I would hate for LV to move to China.

13. No.

14. Absolutely Not.

Mimi_09 likes this.
  15. No, I won't be buying anymore even if the quality is the same or the prices reduced.