Would you spray water repellent on your chanel?

I have used Apple Guarde products on all of my Chanels including a White Lambskin Jumbo and Beige Cambon Reporter with no problems at all!:yes: I have 4 white Chanels that I have treated and use regularly since last fall. I first used the Rain & Stain Repellant and then the conditioner.

Ok first of all... is it called Appleguard, Applegarde or Appleguarde or just Apple??? Seems to be lots of variations in the name???

From what I see recommended products would be...

Apple (?) Rain & Stain Repellent

Shining Monkey D-Spec Fabric/Leather Protector (I am guessing the product here)

Vectra (anyone knows the name of the product?)

Are these products available at like supermarkets or something in the US? I have a friend travelling to the US as am thinking of asking her to help me buy one of these products since it is not available in Singapore.

Am I the only one who does not spray anything on bags?

My understanding from Chanel is one does not have to spray anything further on the bags because they have all been treated in particular manners before they leave the factories. The SAs in Paris teach me how to look after my bags and I remember asking them if I need to spray anything and all of them shake their heads.

That said, I also read a lot of great reviews about various products. My only concern is the long-term effect the chemicals have on the bags which may not show up until say 2, 3, 4 years down the line.

Just my 2p.

What do the SAs in Paris say?

Am I the only one who does not spray anything on bags?

My understanding from Chanel is one does not have to spray anything further on the bags because they have all been treated in particular manners before they leave the factories. The SAs in Paris teach me how to look after my bags and I remember asking them if I need to spray anything and all of them shake their heads.

That said, I also read a lot of great reviews about various products. My only concern is the long-term effect the chemicals have on the bags which may not show up until say 2, 3, 4 years down the line.

Just my 2p.

1. Pull the chain from one side of the underside of the upper flap, wrap the chain in tissue paper and put the chain inside the bag.
2. Put your bag in the dustbag.
3. Store your bag in a cool dry place.
4. If like me, you live in a humid environment, put one of those disposable dehumidifyers or lots of silicon gels close to the bags.

I go to the extreme and put moth balls :Push: in the drawers where I keep all my bags. I don't think it's necessary but mothballs give me some peace of mind. I don't want no bugs eating away my bags! :lol:

THanks Miffy!

OMG bugs will actually eat the bags?!?!?:wtf:

1. Pull the chain from one side of the underside of the upper flap, wrap the chain in tissue paper and put the chain inside the bag.
2. Put your bag in the dustbag.
3. Store your bag in a cool dry place.
4. If like me, you live in a humid environment, put one of those disposable dehumidifyers or lots of silicon gels close to the bags.

I go to the extreme and put moth balls :Push: in the drawers where I keep all my bags. I don't think it's necessary but mothballs give me some peace of mind. I don't want no bugs eating away my bags! :lol:

Thanks a bunch! WIll have a look =)

Hi, it's really really expensive to get it shipped outside of the US (costs more than the damn stuff!) so I got a friend to get it for me while visiting the US too.

This is a basic kit: http://leatherstuff.com/shop/view.php?id=269 (but i ended up getting them all separately)

My friend was in NY so got her to get it from the Burlington Coat Factory
Go to the link- it has all the different locations.

PM me if you need any more info. (As you can tell, I got a little obseessed and did a heck of a lot of research with the help of the ladies here) :P

In all my 15 plus years as a Chanel collector, I've never put or sprayed anything on my bags. I don't use them in the rain either. I do use water/rain repellent on my Vuitton bags because of the leather, but that's about it. Luckily, it rarely rains in Southern California.

THanks Miffy!

OMG bugs will actually eat the bags?!?!?:wtf:

Unfortunately, moths like leather or accidental spills on leather (sweet drink, food particles) too, so it's always best to use protection such as silica gel desiccant, moth ball or similar products to make the environment unwelcoming to pests. I really don't recommend moth balls due to the strong odor. Cedar block or cedar balls work better.