Would you specifically buy a display bag bc it had started to patina?

lilmountaingirl

~i LVoe/Hate LV!~
O.G.
May 5, 2008
So I have been really considering purchasing an azur Galliera. Haven't decided on PM or GM yet (but am taking suggestions). I was thinking about trying to get a display with an already started patina from the store lights. I just like that it'd be an even patina, and I wouldn't have to baby it so much. Is this a ridiculous idea? Does anyone do this? Does the patina from the lights make a weord color later on? Tia!

I prefer the PM size. The GM is HUGE.

I prefer my bags to be totally virgin but that is ME. If YOU want one with patina then go for it. Everyone is different in what they prefer. So get what YOU prefer

I bought my BH with patina. At the time, it was the 2nd to last one they had.

But over the few months that I've had it, I'm glad every day that I got it with a slight patina because it's still beautiful and even.

I got my Azur Speedy without any patina and it looks worse than my BH.

I have to say that I personally prefer to have a bag that has been completely untouched, but if you like patina then go for a display bag. I love my azur galliera. I have the PM size and I think it is plenty big.

I personally prefer my bags to be new, as I am selfish and I want to be the one to break them in. Also, as far as size is concerned, go with the PM. The GM is pretty ridiculously big, IMHO...

I personally prefer for my bags to be untouched. I want to be the one to patina it the way I want. But that's just me.

As far as size, I like the PM. The GM is too big for my taste.

The display may have scratches on the front plate. I would buy a new one, and sit it out dustbag-less in a room with sufficient lighting (not in front of the sun) for 7-14 days. It'll have the same patina, but without the possible scratches on the plate and marks on the vachetta.

That is not crazy at all! Last time I went with a friend, I was carrying my Mono galliera which is about 3-4 months old and the vachetta is still like new, my friend was looking at the Galliera GM in Azur which had a beautiful patina, I would have bought that one in a heartbeat!

I prefer my bags brand new. But if they don't have a brand new one, I wouldn't mind buying the display as long as it looks fine.

Just a tip, though: The ones on display tend to patina unevenly. I was looking at a display Stresa and the display model had a nice patina on the front, and the back (where it faces the display case) was lighter than the front.

I definitely prefer my vachetta to be white.. but if you prefer tan, why not look for a lightly used bag ? You'll get a bit of a price break, and the colour will have set in a little. :yes: