Buying a display model?

Congratulations on your upcoming arrival! I have purchased display bags and don't have an issue, if it is the only one available that I want. Having said that, I would not want one that didn't come home perfect. I would exchange it. If they don't have one, then have them order one in, it doesn't take that long. Good luck!

In all honesty, the scuffs on the feet wouldn't bother me only because more likely then not, it's going to happen anyway. The gash on the plate would probably bother me. You've paid top dollar, for a less then perfect piece... if the store isn't that far out of your way, I would call your SA, explain to her your disappointment and ask that she find you a new one.

If you've posted in here... it's bothering you a lot more then it's worth... exchange it so you never have to wish you had

: )

Exchange it. Call them and let them know. Also ask them if they have one in stock before you head out. You paid for a new bag, you should not settle for used/display one. Take care

Congrats on your purchase… I know what your saying, but is it really worth your time and energy trying to return it. I just bought a clutch from Gucci and it was the store display. I carried it first time today and thought about how many people would have played with it. In fact, people were playing with it when I was in the store. Nearly having a panic attack coz I wanted to buy it. There were other clutches but they didn't have the pattern in the alignment that I wanted, so I bought it. So I guess it bothered me for all of 3 minutes today and then I couldn't help but admire it and think of how beautiful it is and how lucky I was to get it in the exact pattern that I wanted.

When I bought my first LV, there was a scratch in the vachetta on the bottom of the bag (noe bb) and yeah it was a little disappointing, but after a few minutes I thought… does it really matter and does it detract from my happiness of using it.. Nope.

So I guess what I am saying is, at the end of the day you have your health, a baby on the way and a beautiful family and does a scratch really matter. :balloon:

Lol. I would panic too!

the problem here isn't that it was a display, but that it was in bad condition. There have been instances when the SA will hand over a "brand new one" with flaws. Then I'll take a look at the display one, which is flawless. So I don't think you're being too anal I'm like that too, but I wouldnt worry about the whole display thing!

Absolutely exchange it! For less money, you could have bought a used one in the same condition! It may not be convenient, but it's a necessity for that amount of money. IF it was LE, I might think differently (that could have been the last one in stock), but even with an LE, I would at least try to exchange it. :shucks:

It's not silly to want to exchange at all. I have my SA bring out multiple new bags from the stock room so I can compare and decide on which to take home. I'm OCD and anal; for thousands of dollars it's ok to be that way!!!

I inspect the item before buying no matter where it's pulled from- you never know what happened before.

It sounds like yours had been mishandled, I would exchange it for one that makes you happy & not question it.

I did notice that in the my flagship, they seemed to keep the display artsy intentionally, so they could show customers how the handle will be once you break it in. I though that was clever :smile:.

it depends in the condition of the bag
I did get le items from the display but any other
than mono, not sure
but... if the bag is in good shape and no flaws than I guess it
would be ok and I wouln't bother going back for that