Would you sell this..for this..

Bostonpatsgirl

Casey
O.G.
Nov 6, 2013
Would you sell your Empreinte Speedy 30 in Noir and your Chanel Silver hardware WOC for a Caviar Chanel Jumbo Double Flap? Seriously contemplating this or just buying 2 LV's. Would be my biggest bag purchase and that makes me nervous!

Last edited:
Definitely get the Chanel jumbo! I love LV but a Chanel flap is classic & timeless. Plus, the pricing just keeps increasing on the flaps & boys bags so if you want to have one as a staple in your collection, there is no time like the present. Good luck with your choice! :smile:

I personally wouldn't. I heard that Chanel won't perform repairs on bags older than 5 years (don't know if it's 100% true) and the caviar leather is quite prone to scuffing or showing scrapes.

I personally wouldn't. I heard that Chanel won't perform repairs on bags older than 5 years (don't know if it's 100% true) and the caviar leather is quite prone to scuffing or showing scrapes.

Thanks for your input! I thought I read that the Caviar was the toughest? I'm not a Chanel girl normally ..more of a Louis so I am not sure. Anyone know if the repair info is true!?

Definitely get the Chanel jumbo! I love LV but a Chanel flap is classic & timeless. Plus, the pricing just keeps increasing on the flaps & boys bags so if you want to have one as a staple in your collection, there is no time like the present. Good luck with your choice! :smile:

I am a sucker for black and I just keep going back to this back over and over! So chic.

Would you sell your Empreinte Speedy 30 in Noir and your Chanel Silver hardware WOC for a Caviar Chanel Jumbo Double Flap? Seriously contemplating this or just buying 2 LV's. Would be my biggest bag purchase and that makes me nervous!

I personally would.

The Chanel jumbo flap is so hard to find brand new (took me a long time to find a boutique that had it brand new in caviar black and GHW). AND in the time it took for me to find it, the price increased astronomically! Makes me wish I got it sooner rather than later!

Having said all that, you need to go with your gut and buy the bag(s) that makes you most happy in the end.

I personally would.

The Chanel jumbo flap is so hard to find brand new (took me a long time to find a boutique that had it brand new in caviar black and GHW). AND in the time it took for me to find it, the price increased astronomically! Makes me wish I got it sooner rather than later!

Having said all that, you need to go with your gut and buy the bag(s) that makes you most happy in the end.

Do you know if they repair bags over 5 years old? Someone on the thread thought possibly not? I hope that wouldn't be the case. I like my WOC but never use it. It just looks pretty on my shelf. I feel like the jumbo would suit my needs better. Thanks for your advise :smile:

Do you know if they repair bags over 5 years old? Someone on the thread thought possibly not? I hope that wouldn't be the case. I like my WOC but never use it. It just looks pretty on my shelf. I feel like the jumbo would suit my needs better. Thanks for your advise :smile:

The new rule is no reimbursement over 5 years but if your stitches came out, etc. You can get it repaired.
But I prefer LV after sale service than Chanel.

I sold my jumbo last year since it looks gaint on me as i am only 5'2, and it's wayyyyy too heavy to carry as an everyday bag.

I think every girl needs a classic Chanel and it doesn't get more classic than the Jumbo Flap in black caviar. So I would say go for it. I do not own much Chanel but I do have a Jumbo black caviar with SHW and would never think of parting with it. Bought it ages ago for 2200USD- I can only imagine what they go for now.

I think every girl needs a classic Chanel and it doesn't get more classic than the Jumbo Flap in black caviar. So I would say go for it. I do not own much Chanel but I do have a Jumbo black caviar with SHW and would never think of parting with it. Bought it ages ago for 2200USD- I can only imagine what they go for now.
$5500 I tried one on this past weekend in New York. I like the Maxi Jumbo and it's $6000. At these prices I just can't justify it even though I do think it's a classic staple. Besides, I'm just not a chain purse kinda gal. I find them very uncomfortable.