Would you sell GSTs to buy jewelry?

Phillyfan

O.G.
Nov 25, 2007
I don’t know what to do. I have 2 GSTs, a burgundy and a black in absolutely mint condition. I am not carrying them because they are heavy. I have tons of other bags including a jumbo, a boy and 2 WOCs. Not to mention many vuitton. Just worried I might have regrets. But right now they are taking up space. Will my 16 year old kill me in 10 years for selling chanel GSTs? I paid $2900 plus tax many years ago and I’m guessing I’d get close to $2000 for each on one of the well known resale sites. Please advise.

Live in the present. If you’ve not used it in the last year it may be time to let go of one or both. Make an effort to wear them over the next two weeks and see if you still really love them. I had two GST in Black but different color hardware. Over the years my taste and style changed after so I ended up selling one of them. GL with your decision.

Between bag and jewellery, jewellery definitely get my vote! I think I’ve heard ladies raising issues about the weight of the gst and also that gst hasn’t been mentioned around much for years hence the dropping of value. But as what the rest of the ladies have said- if you haven’t been using the gst, then probably you don’t love it enough. Plus, if you’re thinking of passing down items to your children, a piece of nice luxe jewellery def sound more attractive then a bag. Just my opinion! Good luck deciding!

Reactions: Frillylily
I don’t know what to do. I have 2 GSTs, a burgundy and a black in absolutely mint condition. I am not carrying them because they are heavy. I have tons of other bags including a jumbo, a boy and 2 WOCs. Not to mention many vuitton. Just worried I might have regrets. But right now they are taking up space. Will my 16 year old kill me in 10 years for selling chanel GSTs? I paid $2900 plus tax many years ago and I’m guessing I’d get close to $2000 for each on one of the well known resale sites. Please advise.
Along w/ all of the other lovelies & their replies, I would also sell or consign them if you are not (& will not use them in future)...since you question if your “16 yr old would kill me if I sell them?”....does this mean she loves your GST’s? If she truly loves them & will use them, i would consider passing 1 down to her & selling one as a “compromise.” But I can’t tell from your post as to whether she loves the GST or would she just be upset that you are not passing down a Chanel to her? Hmmm? Best luck deciding!!

Thanks for advice. No, she doesn’t love them. She isn’t even into bags yet. Hopefully they will still get a good price. I have to submit photos to online consignment store to get a quote.

Thanks for advice. No, she doesn’t love them. She isn’t even into bags yet. Hopefully they will still get a good price. I have to submit photos to online consignment store to get a quote.

She may not be a bag person at all. My mom was a collector my whole life and at that age I got into jewelry and bags because I loved everything my mom had. My sister is not into bags and it hasn't changed as she got older. She is more of makeup person and I doubt your daughter will resent you because you decided to sell your bags. She probably has something else that she is in love with.

Reactions: daisychainz