Would you sell bags (Bbags) you luurve to fund...

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. ... the big H? I saw Vlad's post about Meg's new Birkin, and they look gorgeous together. I've never owned Hermes and never really looked at them but dang, now I noticed that there are beautiful H bags out there (black palladium Kelly, turquoise Birkin...).
    But - they are really expensive! Would you even consider selling many bags you actually use and :love: to fund a Hermes? Personally, I'm not really considering it (yet) because I want to keep my Bal, Chanel and LV babies and it would be too hard to part with them... plus I don't even know whether the H bags are really that well made or that great to wear.
    What do you think?

2. I've also been lurking recently in the H forum ... the reveals there are so much fun! The bottom line for me is that I don't think I'd be comfortable carrying around a kelly or birkin every day and I'd have to sell every last one of my bags to afford one!

I do know that they are really well made. My grandmother had a black kelly for decades that she wore frequently and it looked hardly used. It truely is a unique company in that they expect pieces to last forever and when they rehab bags, they send it back to the original craftsman.

3. I don't think I could ever sell off my babies to fund just one purse. Heck, I can't even bring myself to sell off the coach/kate spade/other bags to fund new purchases, so I doubt I could bring myself to sell all of them, KWIM?

4. I would love to own a Birkin, but I still love my Bal and Chanel. I have sold off most of my LV collection because I grew tired of them and was ready for something else. I guess if I out grew my Chanel and Bal bags, then I would go for it. I'm not at that point yet.

5. i have many years ahead of me before i can carry around a birkin, but in the future..why not..i'd sell everything in order to fund for something that i'd love and use alot and ultimately at the end of the day..make me happy.

6. I have definitely toyed around with the idea of purchasing a Birkin at some point in the future - I love the style, but have not yet been able to decide if the style is really me. If I did go for, I could never part with any of the bags that I currently own and love in order to fund it - I am way to sentimental about my bags!! :love:

7. I'd love to own a birking and a kelly one day. But I definitely would not sell my balenciagas. I love them and use them everyday!!! Plus, I can't imagine myself grocery shopping with a birkin! lol! As it is I rarely use my chanels! I should go out more! Let me correct that, I should go out!

8. haha, sometimes i think at the rate i shop, i could technically buy a birkin/kelly if i just WAITED a year... you know, like stop buying ANYTHING for a year and then i'd have enough money for a birkin, so i wouldn't have to sell. but i couldn't ban myself that long... and plus, even if i DID have a birkin (or a bolide, which i personally prefer) i would still want variety in my bag closet.

but south-of-france, you mentioned before that you were getting tired of bbags, right? if you're not feeling the heat so much for some of your bbags, maybe it's time for a new investment!! please post pics if you do!

9. NEVER :nogood:! i mean i KNOW that one day i will have those 5 kellys i dream about:nuts: ...but i couldnt sell any of my old babies:love: to get new ones ...

10. Grr I posted a reply and then the forum went offline again... Okay I was saying that I'm not tired of my Bbags, just saturated I guess because I have what I want. I love using them and having them. Who knows what will be a year from now, last year I wasn't even into BBags lol!

11. I'm not really drawn to H right now, I don't think I really ever will be, I just wouldn't feel comfortable with a bag that expensive.

12. hMm.... the only H that has caught my eye so far.. was the recent picture Victoria Beckham was carrying... it had similar dimensions of a Part time.. and was a beautiful greige color. Other than that 1 and only picture.. and maybe there cute charms... I'm not that attracted to H...(thank god!) Maybe one day.. when I'm older & my lifestyle suits it. But.. not for now... or awhile... I'll stick with my Bals & Chanels.. hahah :wlae:

13. If I liked them or wanted one, yes, if i had to sell others to get one I would. But Birkins leave me cold, I don't really care for any of them. They are beautifully made, just not my style. I doubt I would ever purchase one regardless of the price.

14. someday maybe ^^

but fornow i'm want to sell my LV to get Bbag ^^

15. Same :yes: