Would you sell all your Balenciagas...

I can't put my material items before my own health or my families health... If I'm not healthy I can't enjoy my First, and if my family were in need, how could I possibly carry around a $1000 bag and not feel guilty? I would definitely sell. But I would be sad to part with it.

I would not do without anything I needed just to have expensive handbags. I would sell them all in a heartbeat if I needed to, and I'd miss them but it wouldn't be the end of my world. I think I would try to keep just one, just to keep the flame alive.

i don't have that many balenciagas to sell to fund for anything, if anything, i'd sell jewelry before i sell bags, bags aren't that much by comparison

Yes, I would definitely sell them if I needed to pay for something more important. To me, a mortgage payment is more important than a b-bag. I would be sad, but other priorities come first.

I'd have no problem selling some bags (especially the ones I really don't care for) if it truely would make a difference...there are other ways to save or make money...I just believe your "needs" should be taken care of first and if anything is left over than spend it on your "wants" although we all know sometimes sh*t just happens and then I would do whatever I needed to...

I am currently considering it; maybe not all my bags but some of them. I need braces to correct an overbite; $5600!!! That is a huge chunk of chance for a one income family. I feel guilty that I could cover it just by selling 6-7 out of my 20 or so handbags.

I totally think of my b-bags as an emergency savings plan! I wouldn't give any of them up for something trivial, I would only consider it in an emergency (that goes for all of my designer goods, though).
That being said, I am considering letting one go to fund laser hair removal:graucho:

I'd only do that if I absolutely had had had to, e.g. family emergencies. I don't think I would sell my bags to fund a wedding, and I don't have enough to make a significant contribution to buying a house. :P

I have separate "funds" for holidays and bags, so that's all good.

For a house, YES. For a car, NO. For a wedding, NO. For life saving surgery, YES.

Cars depreciate. Weddings last a day. As far as a house, you live in it so I think it's more important in the bigger picture.

For another BAG, hmm.. I go through this all the time, oddly my number of Balenciagas haven't changed. I think it better be one heck of a bag! ;) (Goyard doesn't count in the one heck of a bag, imo.. Hermes, possibly)

Nicely said Highgloss, I totally agree. However, I nearly own all of my Bbags outright. That would be such an achievement for me. I also have another expensive hobby - kite surfing! I have 2 boards (for heavy and light wind conditions) and 2 kites (a 10 meter & 12 meter for varying conditions too). Brand new I spent over AUD6000 on all this stuff...But if push came to shove and it meant that I could sell these expensive things to fund something major in my life, I would do it in a second.