Would you say these are a fad shoe?

babypie

Jun 3, 2007
Or could thehy be worn well for a few seasons?

CL Platform Peeptoe Slingbacks in fishnet

20070420_093731.jpg

PG_15901.5727_FS.jpg

Only time will tell, but for now, I would have to put anything with a platform in the "trend" basket.

The good news is, trends go and come back, so while you might not be able to wear them next year, you will be able to wear them in ten or twenty years, or whenever the platform trend comes back, after its current visit concludes. If that makes sense.

Of course, I am obliged to advise against buying or wearing any high heeled shoe, platform or otherwise, although I realize that the things are wildly popular, and very few people will heed such warnings.

I think they are definitely a "fad", but just like everything else they will come back. That particular shoe is very popular now, so I say if you want to get them go for it! Are those Beckham's legs? B*TCH! I hate her! LOL Totally kidding, I don't hate her. I hate that she looks amazing in pretty much anything she puts on. :P

People thought the platform would be out soon, but so many designs for fall have them, so who the heck knows?

I have these a very similar style by Stuart Weitzman! Taupe fishnet slingback, and it's a stacked wood platform rather than cork.

Platforms are trendy but for someone like me with a 30" inseam I welcome them with open arms.

Def gonna look dated by a few seasons. If you do end up getting it, take care to stuff the shoe while you're not wearing it -- the fishnet does NOT its shape very well.

I think they're definitely trendy. I agree you should get them if you can find them on sale. If you think you'll wear them regardless of current trends, then buy them even if they are regular price.