would you say overall, chanel handbags are more expensive than LV's?

I saw the photo of the $43,000 Chanel bag today:shocked: pretty impressive!

It's this Paris-Biarritz alligator tote, right?

attachment.php

Attachments

• Paris-Biarritz from misschaslyn.jpg
    Paris-Biarritz from misschaslyn.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 6,508
It is so TDF!!!!

But idunno, 40-grand is a LOT of granite countertops!

I figure I can spread it around to various stuff. Just got done paying for the new roof so I can't add anything in there. But plumbing work is crazy expensive!! We had two quotes and they both came within $300 of each other. For an $8k job that is unbelievable.

I figure in my next life I will be a plumber - I am NOT kidding. Sorry don't mean to be Off Topic but that bag makes me crazy!!

Yeah Chanel is more expensive but LV is really creeping up there. There's one bag I want (the Suhali Le Fab) that's currently priced at $3700, which is more than I've ever paid for any of my Chanels. Also, I got a runway LV bag for about $4200 which is currently my most expensive bag.
But I do have to say, I got my Chanel Valentine hobo last year at the trunk show for $525 (I thought that was a pretty good deal for such an adorable bag).

As a lover of Both LV and Chanel, the impression most ppl get are that Chanel is more expensive that LV, however, as everyone else has said, you have to compare LV leather to Chanel leather. With That said, LV leather is more expensive that Chanel leather. Just think of the Suhali range and the runway bags (like the up and coming ólympe/cloud bags, or the leather rivet), let alone the LE ranges

With that said, i think they are both on the same par, but since LV has a wide price range, ppl think it's cheaper than Chanel

chanel's bags are definitely way up there in price. i have been lusting after chanel for the past 4 months and have yet to take the plunge. chanel is something i have to work hard and save for to get. hopefully i'll get my hands on one very soon.
having said this though, i do enjoy all my lvs. they're affordable but quality is very good. for me, as long as they're well-made handbags they're all good. :yes:

That depends..if u compare the canvas (line from LV)...yes it is cheaper than Chanel...The lockit bags (not in canvas) are slightly more expensive than chanel (in my country)

Yeah Chanel is more expensive but LV is really creeping up there. There's one bag I want (the Suhali Le Fab) that's currently priced at $3700, which is more than I've ever paid for any of my Chanels. Also, I got a runway LV bag for about $4200 which is currently my most expensive bag.
But I do have to say, I got my Chanel Valentine hobo last year at the trunk show for $525 (I thought that was a pretty good deal for such an adorable bag).

The Valentine Hobo was only $525? Wow. That's a really good price.

I would have to say that it depends on which lines you are comparing. It seems like everyone is using the Mono line as the price point for LV. Most of my bags are LE and they can be pretty pricey, Trompe L'Oeil Pochette was $1,400 for a POCHETTE! Then there's Multicolore-the Speedy retails for $1,910. And that's only for Canvas. Suhali bags (decent sized ones anyway) start at $2,600.

Many can only afford 2 buy the lower-priced range of LVs whereas for Chanel, many will buy a Chanel 2.55 (more expensive than a LV Speedy) as their 1st bag so automatically, the idea is Chanel is more expensive than LV.

However,

no, LV is overall more expensive than Chanel. LV luggagges like Suhali is way more expensive than a Chanel weekender tote. LV crocs can be as much as Chanel crocs. when u buy limited edition LVs, u will noe what i mean.

the reason why many own LVs has nothing to do coz' of its lower priced. It's due to the influence. Chanel is not that rare. I see a lot of Chanels here in HK.
Bottega Veneta & Hermes r rare. YSL r quite rare also in the past but due 2 popularity of YSL Muse, it had become a common sighting.