Would you return?

I went through multiple returns to finally get what I am satisfied with. So I would definitely return any defective piece you wouldn't be comfortable with. With that said, have you tried buffing that one? I received one that was covered in glue residue and some of them came right off.

I went through multiple returns to finally get what I am satisfied with. So I would definitely return any defective piece you wouldn't be comfortable with. With that said, have you tried buffing that one? I received one that was covered in glue residue and some of them came right off.

The colour or outer leather looks scraped-off.

The problem with trying to fix things is SL (or any company) can turn round and tell a customer they did it themselves when cleaning.

Last edited:
Yes...would be not tolerable for me.
I thought it may be glue but it did not come off when I tried to rub it a bit. I did. It want to rub too hard so they said I did it. I left all the packaging in tact as well since I found it right away when I unboxed it. I was soooo excited and them soooo bummed all at once!

• Sad
Reactions: newLV
I thought it may be glue but it did not come off when I tried to rub it a bit. I did. It want to rub too hard so they said I did it. I left all the packaging in tact as well since I found it right away when I unboxed it. I was soooo excited and them soooo bummed all at once!
The worse part was that the SA did not even say sorry you received a defective item.. just I'll send a return label. For it being my first piece from ysl and my first designer had since 2015 I was extremely disappointed...

• Sad
Reactions: newLV
Wondering if anyone else has had this experience with a YSL return. I sent my damaged bag back. The store confirmed they received it last Thursday. I still have yet to get any information on my refund. No email or receipt that it is in process. The manger told me he would call me back in a hour to update me today and I text him 3 hours later and nothing. I find it odd that they have no information for me and it is taking so long to even produce record of them returning it. I have now opened a dispute with my cc company. For my first experience purchasing YSL and coming straight from the YSL store it has been honestly terrible. The bags are beautiful but not at the cost of terrible customer service when spending 3k.

• Sad
Reactions: Sibelle and newLV
I just got my new Loulou and the bottom looks to be scuffed...I finally decided to pull the plug and order it after much debate. I'm am bummed about the scuff but excited because it is my first time seeing it in person and she is sooooo pretty!

View attachment 5694905
Oh my goodness - I would definitely exchange it. I just recently completed an exchange and it was very easy. I mean it’s never convenient but for the price of that bag, it should be pristine.

Wondering if anyone else has had this experience with a YSL return. I sent my damaged bag back. The store confirmed they received it last Thursday. I still have yet to get any information on my refund. No email or receipt that it is in process. The manger told me he would call me back in a hour to update me today and I text him 3 hours later and nothing. I find it odd that they have no information for me and it is taking so long to even produce record of them returning it. I have now opened a dispute with my cc company. For my first experience purchasing YSL and coming straight from the YSL store it has been honestly terrible. The bags are beautiful but not at the cost of terrible customer service when spending 3k.
I’m sorry - I just saw your update and it’s appalling- Terrible service! I exchanged a clutch for a muchhh lower price point and had better service. I ordered it online and contacted customer service. They recommended that I exchange in store. They contacted the store and had them put one hold for me to view in store. The store handled the exchange while I tried on other bags on my wishlist and enjoyed beverages. Again - this was only a clutch. I guess it’s like anything, dependent on the particular staff member and location on any given day but it’s no excuse. You should have the VIP treatment!

Reactions: HavPlenty