Would you replace vachetta or buy a new bag?

It depends, on how dirty. I love the dark deep patina that a well loved mono gets. But then there is grime. I agree that I would try to clean it up first and then get a price on replacement if that does not work. In the end you may just end purchasing a new bag.

oh really? first thought... i'd replace the leather b/c i really really don't like that whole... patina thing (i mean its ok until it gets to be like brown and blackish purple or it goes unevenly) but does anyone know how much it costs to replace leather on average? or for lets say... a speedy 25?

That's why I went with the Looping MM. It only cost $90 to replace the strap when it gets really worn and dark. I wanted a Cabas Piano or Beverly but for my first bag I thought they had to much vachetta.

Usually when my bags get too worn out (after a looooong time) it's time to pass them along, usually to my younger sister. But I haven't tried anything like lovin my bags - at least find out how much that would cost if you don't feel like replacing your bag with new.

I've been doing a lot of thinking about LVs with vachetta. I know we're all attracted to them but end of the day, when they get all dark and dirty and we all refuse to use them, do you ever feel it was such a poor investment? If we replace the vachetta it'll cost a lot. If we do buy a new bag, the old one would have been a waste of precious $$$. If we pass them on to our kids or sisters or whoever, they may not even like the fact that its old and dirty. I cant seem to stop buying LVs but the vachetta issue makes me re-think investing on them nowadays. Thats probly why Ive switched to the dark colored LVs like the damier which I know will last for HOPEFULLY a lifetime. What are your opinions on this?

I will be buying my last LV with vachetta which is the speedy 35. Then I will switch to dark colored bags. I just made an estimate of all the LVs with vachetta that I bought in the past few years and had sold (for less than half the price :cursing:) and it would have bought me a nice solid gold cartier watch or huge diamonds!!! :cursing:

What is lovin my bags? Is it a local place for one to send their bags for cleaning?

They're a bunch of threads about LMB, its like a spa for your bags. They have this oil removing service that they'll take all that dirt and oil or whatever from the handles of your bag like the speedy. The website is lovinmybags.com.

LV might not replace the vachetta on a bag if the cost to replace exceeds half the cost of a new bag, so it entirely depends on what bag you're looking to "refurbish". I know that another member was able to replace the vachetta on a vintage Speedy even though it cost more than half the cost of a new bag. She asked them to do it, because it was her first LV and had a lot of sentimental value.