would you replace the Pochette Metis Reverse

lara0112

O.G.
Dec 11, 2006
with a Palm Springs MM backpack and a Pallas Clutch with black leather, for travelling purposes?

or would you keep the PM and just save up for the backpack and buy it later (or just get a large carry on?)

I have 5 kids, thus need stuff with me and we always travel by plane... what stresses me out about the Pochette Metis is the ongoing mentioning of quality issues and I am worried it will date too quickly, but it is so pretty.

the backpack plus clutch is a safe choice, plus neither has vachetta, which I personally can't handle, however they are lacking the umph factor

Personally I would not replace my Pochette Metis Reverse with anything else.
Mine has no issues and I don´t think it will date. To me it looks timeless.

thanks dear, good to hear your input :smile:.

I am debating whether I should not just keep the PM and buy a luggage carry on (Not LV) in black that I would use instead of the backpack, would certainly be more shoulder friendly...

I am debating whether I should not just keep the PM and buy a luggage carry on (Not LV) in black that I would use instead of the backpack, would certainly be more shoulder friendly...

This sound like a great option. The PM can carry all your essentials easily and everything else can be packed into the carry on :smile: .
I am not a fan of backpacks, also because I got robbed once when I had it on my back and did not notice someone behind me opened it and got my wallet :sad: .

with a Palm Springs MM backpack and a Pallas Clutch with black leather, for travelling purposes?

or would you keep the PM and just save up for the backpack and buy it later (or just get a large carry on?)

I have 5 kids, thus need stuff with me and we always travel by plane... what stresses me out about the Pochette Metis is the ongoing mentioning of quality issues and I am worried it will date too quickly, but it is so pretty.

the backpack plus clutch is a safe choice, plus neither has vachetta, which I personally can't handle, however they are lacking the umph factor

My friend has a Pochette Metis and loves it! Keeps everything handy when she is on the go. Let me ask her if she has had any quality issues!

This sound like a great option. The PM can carry all your essentials easily and everything else can be packed into the carry on :smile: .
I am not a fan of backpacks, also because I got robbed once when I had it on my back and did not notice someone behind me opened it and got my wallet :sad: .

That's what I am always afraid of when using a backpack!!! It's so scary what people will do!

I think this is a great idea too!

oh I hadnt considered this. i just thought that my youngest is a newborn and i would take him in the baby carrier so a backpack is a bit much

My friend has a Pochette Metis and loves it! Keeps everything handy when she is on the go. Let me ask her if she has had any quality issues!

That's what I am always afraid of when using a backpack!!! It's so scary what people will do!

thanks, yes that would be good t know

I think this is a great idea too!

plus less weight on me

I wouldn't replace the PM with the backpack...if anything will look dated quickly, it will be the backpack, as they are quite trendy now (in my opinion). Keep the PM!!

great point, hadnt thought of it like this. i am turning 40 this year sp probably my backpack days are over,...

well, I called my local LV (I bought in EUrope but currently reside in the ME) and the SA on the phone said they have the items in I am interested in but whether I was sure, since the PM has such a long waiting list. we agreed I should come and check out backpack etc in person, so I can see whether it works for me before I decide what to do :smile:

thanks, yes they are handy, I have been using a MbMJ nylon one but wonder if in the long haul using a carry on is not a more convenient option
Personally, I travel most of often with a backpack only. It's much more practical than my Pégase or my Keepall. Even though I love both of them.