Would you rehab this bag??

Last edited:
This one looks challenging but it could be a very lovely and valuable bag!

The link below is for a Legacy Medium Studio Flap Bag 9145 that appears to be in very good condition except that it has a significant flaw. The latch doesn't work because the lock has 2 male parts! I don't know if that could be fixed or perhaps a professional leather worker (shoe repair, luggage repair, cobbler?) could replace/repair the lock?

@Hyacinth has already identified the bag as authentic and @BeenBurned has discovered that the bag was sold previously for a higher price and cancelled/returned - probably because the flaw with the latch wasn't mentioned in the original listing.

The bag appears to be in good condition otherwise (the hangtag is missing) and of course it could easily be worn without ever fixing the lock because the large front flap would stay loose but closed. And if you got it at a good price and it doesn't work out you could always use it for spare parts - the strap looks very nice.

So fellow-rehabbers, what do you think? I already have too many challenges in my rehab pile so I won't be adding this one, but it is a shame because it appears to be a rare and lovely bag!

Last edited:
This briefcase has had a hard life:

This briefcase has had a hard life:

I have this bag in Mahogany. It was pretty beat too when I picked it up. I did a minimal rehab on it and it looked acceptable! I am interested in giving it more conditioning (it is in the pile now) to see what it would look like.
This bag would probably look decent, with acceptable distressing if you like that look, with thorough conditioning.
Wonder if someone here got it …

Good Lord …
I’m guessing the answer is no. But for 10 bucks at a flea market :tup::tdown:
Whoa, so expensive without straps! It would be super hard to replace those straps. I probably wouldn't even get it at a flea market unless I could come up with another use for the leather.

• Thanks
Reactions: Lake Effect
Okay I am resting up after surgery (all went well :yes:) so that means I get to indulge in searches for *brown Coach bag* and revive this thread. I am not ashamed to say, yes I would! N/a,
I would as well- the bag on the left is a dupe for my first coach bag from the late 80's. Speedy recovery to you. I'm injured so looking for something to do while i recupe and have been rehabbing bags that friends have. Some of the newer bags are suprisingly thin and made of questionable leather.

I would as well- the bag on the left is a dupe for my first coach bag from the late 80's. Speedy recovery to you. I'm injured so looking for something to do while i recupe and have been rehabbing bags that friends have. Some of the newer bags are suprisingly thin and made of questionable leather.
Thanks and good rest/recovery to you as well. I need to start reviewing a slew of insurance papers let alone my current rehab pile. But I would consider a simple X stitch repair on the draw string bag or a donated strap. A donated strap would work on the Tote.

Thanks and good rest/recovery to you as well. I need to start reviewing a slew of insurance papers let alone my current rehab pile. But I would consider a simple X stitch repair on the draw string bag or a donated strap. A donated strap would work on the Tote.
Thanks, friends have been showing up with bags and I'm a nuisance in the AT thread checking them before starting. Are you bidding on the brown bags?

Reactions: Jacynthe
Thanks, friends have been showing up with bags and I'm a nuisance in the AT thread checking them before starting. Are you bidding on the brown bags?
No, I have a healthy rehab pile. If I was serious about bidding, I might keep the listing all to me :graucho: . I would not mind bidding against a regular contributor here in the Coach forum, but there are a lot of lurkers who have only an interest in poaching anything interesting posted here, as opposed to joining in on discussions.
I enjoy posting here and seeing people’s opinions on these mostly train wrecks!