Would you rather shop at the outlet or PCE?

I do really love the outlets, and the prices are better than PCE usually, but I also find that I buy a ton of bags I don't really want and need there because I'm getting such a good price on them. I'm really trying to only buy retail now because I think through my retail purchases more. But if you have more self-control than I do, the outlet is the way to go!

I do really love the outlets, and the prices are better than PCE usually, but I also find that I buy a ton of bags I don't really want and need there because I'm getting such a good price on them. I'm really trying to only buy retail now because I think through my retail purchases more. But if you have more self-control than I do, the outlet is the way to go!
I totally agree, I end up with things I do not need at the outlet because I am getting a bargain. Like my white pleated hobo. I do not like how it has everything fall to the bottom and it folds and is very heavy hadrware..but I saw it on Celebrity blog and Heigl was wearing it. I ended up buying a bag, whiskey colored at my salon Saturday for it was 30% off. It had zippers on the side and a gold turnlook and buttery leather in luggage or whiskey color. It was by Steve Madden. Yesterday I got a hand tooled black and stitched colored bag at a craft show...Completely nuts with bags...must be in the air on here. and I am lusting after the bag Katherine Heigl is wearing in the movie "knocked up too" ...ACCCCCCCK. All because I cannot wear a legacy because of weight...Darn it...

I prefer boutique shopping over outlet shopping. Like LizCordova said, most of the bags I like never make it to the outlets. I've found lots of great accessories there but I rarely find bags that I like. Also, I find that when I do buy a bag there, I usually end up regretting it. At the time, I always think that I am getting a great deal and so I buy things that I don't necessarily love. 9 times out of 10 I end up returning the bags. I almost did this yesterday at the outlet. There were two bags I thought I needed. I got in line and waited and right before it was my turn I got out of line and put the bags back. After I left I was glad that I didn't buy them. :yes:

The other thing that bothers me about the outlets that I see tons of women all buying and carrying the same bags. I prefer to be a little different and of the Coach bags I see in my area, 90% are outlet bags (or fake). My outlet trip yesterday confirmed that I am going to stay a boutique shopper.

I prefer outlet shopping even though we don't have a full price store in my state. I like finding great deals on bags and I am the type of person that likes the surprise of what is at the store. I never find that there is one absolute bag that I must have. I generally go in looking for type of bag I want whether it is a tote, shoulder bag, etc and I find what I like there.

If you do love a particular bag though I definitely would buy it during the PCE because with outlet shopping you never know what you are going to get. That's kinda the fun of it! :yes: