Would you rather own (for a lot of $$) or borrow for free??

I'll say borrow the bags from your mom as of now because chances are it'll be yours in the future anyway. Then rack up some collection of your own later on.

I've never been into borrowing myself so I would just have to save and wait, besides, it would make it all the more worth it when you have to save. thes best thing thought would be if your future MIL would just get tired of a bag and give it to you!

If my mom has that kind of collection, I'd borrow in a heartbeat! It's kinda like sharing clothes etc with my sister, I'll borrow some of hers and buy those I like which she doesn't own. :smile:

Don't Be One Of Those Who Gets A Second Mortgage To Get A Paddington. There Are Some Things More Important, Like Savign Money To Buy A House, Or For A Douwnpayment, For Your Future Life. For Now Borrow.

at the moment, i would borrow... but once you start working and everything is settled down - start saving and buying your own stuff!!!

if you do decide to borrow your Mums bags... make sure you take a new one out everyday! :smile:

Or do both, if a to die for purse comes up at a great price buy it, otherwise borrow.

Have to say, as the mother of a college senior daughter who approves of my taste, I'm not thrilled to see her heading for my closet or my drawers. Just a few tips from the other side, if you want to borrow anything: ask, even if you know it's okay, consider it a courtesy. When you borrow something, it's just that--don't borrow it for life. While your mom's things are in your cusody take extra good care of them, and when the worst happens, fess up and try to repair the damage. Geez, I'm nagging, maybe my own darling child is reading this--hi, honey.:love:

champaign

Minnie said:
Don't Be One Of Those Who Gets A Second Mortgage To Get A Paddington. There Are Some Things More Important, Like Savign Money To Buy A House, Or For A Douwnpayment, For Your Future Life. For Now Borrow.

Mortgage for a paddy?!? :weird: If I ever got that crazy I'd slap myself! :amuse:

Personally, I prefer to own my bags. Here's the big BUT! In your situation, I would definitely say borrow. Buy your one bag or whatever, but it is critical to establish the proper finances early. I won't go into the time-value of money, (or maybe I will) establishing that relatively early in your life will pay huge dividends later.

Besides, in a couple of years, you will be able to afford almost all the bags you want. (I only say almost because as soon as one bag is bought, we typically find another one we want.;) ;) ) Isn't a solid foundation for your future more important than a couple of bags?