Would you rather not have sale for Gucci products?

anduta

Aug 6, 2009
I often hear ppl saying that LV has a better name because it is a non-sale brand where as Gucci throws big sales here and there. But the fact that LV does not produce exotic skin products makes me could care less about LV.

However, I am just curious if the fact that Gucci has sale really bothers Gucci fans and those who would buy luxury goods to stand out among the crowd (those who buy not so much for design or sole love of the products, but just for the fact that others cannot afford them).

Would you rather not have sale so that brand value will be higher and less people can afford which means your collection is more unobtainable? Or would you keep the sale so that you can have what you love for affordable price?

Last edited:
I feel that I get what I want and then I am am pleased that others can join the Gucci 'club' at a lower price point. :biggrin:

If I just wanted another Gucci item or buy someone a 'twice as nice' gift I'd be happy to stand in the sale queue but it's a whole different Gucci sale story in Europe. I don't even live anywhere near an outlet. Prob just as well anyway seeing as I (like most) lose all reason in the the face of a 'bargain' ;)

However, I am just curious if the fact that Gucci has sale really bothers Gucci fans and those who would buy luxury goods to stand out among the crowd (those who buy not so much for design or sole love of the products, but just for the fact that others cannot afford them).

Would you rather not have sale so that brand value will be higher and less people can afford which means your collection is more unobtainable? Or would you keep the sale so that you can have what you love for affordable price?

Whether something has a sale or not doesn't "prove" that it is better or not better than another brand. Nor does the amount of people who carries the brand. When I was in TO last weekend, almost everyone from preteens to grandmothers had an LV bag (most were authentic) but it doesn't make it less of a luxury brand because it's much more common than Prada. It's the same thing with sales. I am a Gucci fan who's not bothered by the sales and I don't really want to speak for all Gucci fans but I don't think that many are bothered by them. It seems more like the sales bother non-Gucci fans more which is a bit odd. If I live by a Gucci outlet or near any place that has Gucci sales, I'll be there to take a look at the sales!!! :biggrin: So no I can't take advantage of the sales and pay for all my Gucci bags at full price. Then again, I'm pretty selective in what I want to buy and I don't just buy something because it's on sale. Anyways I'm glad there are others who can take advantage of the amazing deals on designer goods!

I also believe some on TPF has a distorted view that a lot of women would think a sale on a $1000 bag to $300 is an amazing deal. Most women would still think that's way too much to pay for any bag - designer or not. The most they would spend is $40.

Let's just say that I would be darn happy if one of these days, I can get a guccissima icon bit boston bag at half off!:graucho:

Whether something has a sale or not doesn't "prove" that it is better or not better than another brand. Nor does the amount of people who carries the brand. When I was in TO last weekend, almost everyone from preteens to grandmothers had an LV bag (most were authentic) but it doesn't make it less of a luxury brand because it's much more common than Prada. It's the same thing with sales. I am a Gucci fan who's not bothered by the sales and I don't really want to speak for all Gucci fans but I don't think that many are bothered by them. It seems more like the sales bother non-Gucci fans more which is a bit odd. If I live by a Gucci outlet or near any place that has Gucci sales, I'll be there to take a look at the sales!!! :biggrin: So no I can't take advantage of the sales and pay for all my Gucci bags at full price. Then again, I'm pretty selective in what I want to buy and I don't just buy something because it's on sale. Anyways I'm glad there are others who can take advantage of the amazing deals on designer goods!

I also believe some on TPF has a distorted view that a lot of women would think a sale on a $1000 bag to $300 is an amazing deal. Most women would still think that's way too much to pay for any bag - designer or not. The most they would spend is $40.

Let's just say that I would be darn happy if one of these days, I can get a guccissima icon bit boston bag at half off!:graucho:

Well stated!!:tup: Couldn't agree more. I have quite a few bags that are condsidered luxury brand and only one of them did I pay full price for.

For the record, LV does indeed produce exotic skin products -- everything from runway bags with watersnake handles and trim to iconic bags such as the lockit, speedy and alma in ostrich and croc.

I am a Gucci fan who's not bothered by the sales and I don't really want to speak for all Gucci fans but I don't think that many are bothered by them. It seems more like the sales bother non-Gucci fans more which is a bit odd. If I live by a Gucci outlet or near any place that has Gucci sales, I'll be there to take a look at the sales!!!

this also describes me =] well said. the sales don't bother me at all.

i own over 25 gucci items and i only own 1 item that was not part of any winter/spring/outlet sale. i mean it was technically on sale, 10% off. that was the most close to retail priced gucci i ever paid. in fact, i prefer sale items because it allows me to own more. i mean really, who cares? we're spending our own money and we are the ones wearing it. it's not like we're spending someone else's money buying sale items and making someone that thinks the gucci brand status is being lowered wear it. what is the big deal if gucci goes on sale... i really don't get it.

Good question, but I could care less. The quality of Gucci products is not diminished by the discounts offered. It's to my (and others as well) advantage to save some money to buy more..... Wish LV would do the same. :smile:

this also describes me =] well said. the sales don't bother me at all.

i own over 25 gucci items and i only own 1 item that was not part of any winter/spring/outlet sale. i mean it was technically on sale, 10% off. that was the most close to retail priced gucci i ever paid. in fact, i prefer sale items because it allows me to own more. i mean really, who cares? we're spending our own money and we are the ones wearing it. it's not like we're spending someone else's money buying sale items and making someone that thinks the gucci brand status is being lowered wear it. what is the big deal if gucci goes on sale... i really don't get it.

ohhhh I didnt know. I dont watch runway shows, but never seen a product with exotic skin on LV website catalog, so I thought that do not make one. Gucci, I see them online all the time. :smile:

I'd love to see what Lizrd/Snake skin made messenger bag from LV would look like!! :yahoo:

i totally agree with ya!

well even if they do have sales, its only on seasonal items, their classic range is still the same price 365 days a year. i myself is a Gucci fangal too, and im glad that they have sales mid and end yr.

whatever it may be, as long as you are happy with my purchase, i couldnt care less wad others think!

just my 2 cents worth.

What bothered me was that I spent $995 dollars in a handbag and few days later I found out that Gucci has sales, and twice a year!! I could have bought two bags for the same money, at least my 995 bag is still the same price now...
another thing that really bothered me was the way the sold Gucci at DSW, for example the Rome Exclusive Boston, so cute that was displayed on Gucci boutiques so gorgeously, then the same bag is thrown with a bunch of stuff lying in a cardboard box, it is soo sad..

Would I keep the sale so I can have what I love for affordable price? Of course, even though is not really so affordable...

After having seen my brit hobo on sale which I thought was classic and will never go on sale, I only buy my Guccis on SALE or from a reseller now....so I can buy more Chanels, LV , Balenciaga from my Gucci bag savings.

LV did produce exotic skins..like the Richard Prince collection bags and saw a Galliera snake skin bag ( not sure what sort of)