Would you rather have a couple of kellys or one birkin?

I have both and love them both for different reasons. It is like choosing between loved family members. But ... if I had to choose ... I'd pick a birkin because of its open tote-like style ... but I still love my kelly!

I'd like to someday have a diverse H collection of bags.
But if the fates only let me have one - then I want the
Bolide. :smile: But, I'd like a Kelly for the second and a Birkin
for the third. :smile:

I am a Chanel gal, but have been working my way up in Hermes. Started with Picotin MM, just purchased my first Kelly on Christmas Eve, and am pondering whether to splurge for another Kelly or a Birkin. My girlfriend has been trying to talk me into a Birkin, but I tend to shy away from them due to the exposure, cost, size, weight, and lack of shoulder strap. But I am getting closer to taking the plunge, maybe a "starter" Birkin?

I like both. That's why I have one of each. And so far can only afford these two.:confused1:

On a day to day basis, I tend to reach for my birkin more. It's easier to get in and out of and I feel that it goes better with my "mostly pants" wardrobe: jeans, slack, whatever.

Kelly, on the other hand, I feel is more ladylike and I have to think carefully about what I have on before I reach for that kelly. To coordinate with my kelly, I tend to wear lots of body hugging dark colored dresses, or well tailored suits and high, high heels. Also, with a kelly, I need to set it down first, so I can open the straps, and reach into my bag for whatever I need. It is a bit of a hassle. Or at least it psyches me up that way.

Both bags are gorgeous and classic. Most people start with one style and soon venture into the other. There's just no clear cut way to resist either a birkin or a kelly. ;)

I think it also depends on what you want with the bag. For me the Birkin is a tote and I use it as one. The same purpose could be fulfilled with a Garden Party. Not so nicely, but yes, a Garden Party could be a stand-in for my Birkin, if I ever had to part with it. The Kelly - now that's different. The Kelly is irreplaceable.

i think i would rather have a couple of kelly's. i love both but the kelly is just so classy!!!! (not to say the birkin is not but i just find kelly's more practical for me) ultimately i hope that i will have a closet full of both!!!

Ah, Sophie's choice. Although I use Birkins for every day, if I had to choose, I would opt for 2 Kellys--1 larger retourne (32/35) in a casual leather and 1 smaller (28/32) and dressier (exotic?). I have a 32 clemence in a bright color that works well casually.

Kellys are SO beautiful, and I am not really a Birkin girl (not the traditional type). I think I wrote a thread on that. But Kellys also don't fit in my usual lifestyle, although wouldn't it be hot to see a soldier walking around with a Kelly? LOL!!!!

So honestly I would want a JPG Birkin...more than a Birkin or a Kelly, based on my lifestyle and what I want.

This one...........any day of the week..........:heart:

(well maybe just on SPECIAL days.....and days it's not raining...........)

Attachments

• CrocKelly.jpg
    CrocKelly.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 57