Would you rather carry a Zara bag or Longchamp - Le Pliage bag?

Jul 26, 2012
Would you rather carry a Zara bag or Longchamp - Le Pliage bag?

I'm asking because a lot of people have the Longchamp Le Pliage shopper bag and it just seems like uniform! Or have this Zara bag [CLICK] which has been spotted on Olivia Palermo.

Do you think Zara PR people pay Olivia to be seen with their Zara bag?

There was another Zara bag I liked it, and I had no idea who it was by, I even complimented the women carrying it. That was a while ago and now I see a lot of people with different versions of that bag. This looks like another nice useful bag and it's leather, very good value for the money. I like it.

It' true that lots of people carry a LP but (although I don't have one) I can see the draw. They are light, can be carried folded-up as an extra bag, don't cost a fortune and come in lots of colours an sizes.

There was another Zara bag I liked it, and I had no idea who it was by, I even complimented the women carrying it. That was a while ago and now I see a lot of people with different versions of that bag. This looks like another nice useful bag and it's leather, very good value for the money. I like it.

It' true that lots of people carry a LP but (although I don't have one) I can see the draw. They are light, can be carried folded-up as an extra bag, don't cost a fortune and come in lots of colours an sizes.

Is it that tan colour bucket shaped structured bag? The Zara bag does look practical and it's leather! I did read in the Olivia Palermo style thread how the black colour does rub off though, so I'm waiting until the sales to get that bag. There are also 2 different versions of that bag but in smaller sizes and it's not leather. Reckon it'd be worth buying that one instead?

I love how the LP bags fold up! Such a clever design. Also fits A4 paper perfectly!

Last edited:
That was the one, a smooth structured shopper :yes:

Anyway, that Zara on is nice too but I would not like it if the colour rubbed off. On the other hand I probably wouldn't bother if it wasn't leather (unless I had an ethical issue with leather - which I can understand too)

If you really want an LP though don't be put off by the numbers of other people carrying them. So many different types of people have them I wouldn't say it's a uniform.

Reactions: lili45
That was the one, a smooth structured shopper :yes:

Anyway, that Zara on is nice too but I would not like it if the colour rubbed off. On the other hand I probably wouldn't bother if it wasn't leather (unless I had an ethical issue with leather - which I can understand too)

If you really want an LP though don't be put off by the numbers of other people carrying them. So many different types of people have them I wouldn't say it's a uniform.

I already own an LP which I take with me to school. (So many girls carry one though, it's always like clashing bags!) It's just practical enough for me to take out in any kind of weather and place on the floor. I would feel too bad placing a premier/contemporary designer bag on the floor! :faint:

Personally, I love Zara bags. I've had two that I've used to death (a small chain-handle crossbody that I bought years ago and a black leather shopper), and when Zara does a well-made leather bag, they're very nice and well-made. The one you've pictured looks lovely, and I'd personally prefer it to a LP. I'm not a fan of the LP at all to be honest.

I like both bags, but they would serve different purposes for me. I carried an LP all throughout college because it was huge and very easy to clean. The upkeep was super simple and I didn't have to worry if someone spilled something on it or if I'd get caught in a sudden downpour. I still use my LP, but mostly when I travel.

The Zara bag looks dressier and I definitely wouldn't have carried that when I was in school because it doesn't look like it would fit my books. I like the look of the Zara one better.

for style i'd most likely carry a zara bag, but i own a longchamp that i used in high school (plus, it's great for traveling). style-wise, the longchamp isn't really my style.

I use Longchamp for work (university instructor) and I really like (I've purchased three at this point). With that being said, I live in the Midwest and I've only seen one or two other people EVER with a Longchamp bag. This keeps me from feeling like I'm just falling in line with everyone else.

I love Zara bags! They have great style and just wonderful quality for that price! I use them quite often just like my Hermes or Chanel.

LP on the other hand I use as my carry on only (I pack it in my carry on to use as an additional bag if I do too much shopping). Can't see myself using it as an actual bag...

I got a longchamps as 'jacket' for my balenciaga, so when it rains i fold him open en put my bal in there lol but since it rains like all the time en it's so light to Carry en put it over my shoulder i Carry it every day lol and if i go grocery shopping i don't have to be scared when something spills inside cause you can just Wash it out... Kind of my lazy bag sooo i was considering buying different colours :smile:

I got a longchamps as 'jacket' for my balenciaga, so when it rains i fold him open en put my bal in there lol but since it rains like all the time en it's so light to Carry en put it over my shoulder i Carry it every day lol and if i go grocery shopping i don't have to be scared when something spills inside cause you can just Wash it out... Kind of my lazy bag sooo i was considering buying different colours :smile:

haha! That's so funny. Can you actually just put Longchamps into a washing machine? Even if the handles are made of leather? What setting do you put it on?

I have a Le Pliage and I love it. I can't compare to Zara since I don't have Zara but the Le Pliage is lightweight and I can fold it up if I need. I consider it the perfect casual tote.