Would you rather carry a Zara bag or Longchamp - Le Pliage bag?

Much like Fantashley, I bought a Le Pliage to serve as a raincoat for my premier bags since the weather here in New England is so mercurial.
I love that it folds up and will fit right inside almost all of my LV's, BV's, etc. When a downpour starts, I reach in my bag and....ta da! Instant rain protection. It also cracks me up when my husband (who patiently indulges my handbag madness) calls it "that designer bag you use to protect your designer bags" :lol:

Having said all that, I wouldn't carry the Le Pliage as a standalone bag (with the exception of perhaps for travel). It's just not my style. The Zara, however, looks beautiful and I could see myself carrying it! Style is great and looks much more expensive than the price.

I use the LP for uni as it fits everything perfectly. I have also used one as a changing bag with my son. I have never thought to use it as a cover for my more expensive bags! I definitely will be doing in the future!

it wasn't until i got to the forum that i realized ppl thought LP bags could be fancy...to me they're throw around bags for school and the gym and the grocery store. maybe it's bc EVERY girl had one in college.

Remember this is only le pliage that we are talking about.. You cannot just compare the entire Brand of Longchamp with Zara. Longchamp is speciality in leather goods and the le pliage is just happens to be the most popular purse from the brand or what most people can afford for a throw around bag. Other products from longchamp are high end products that ranges from $600 to 1000+. People simply do not care about LP bc they spent only around 100 bucks for school but if you would have put couple hundred bucks more for a higher line, I am sure one would care for it more.

Reactions: lili45