Would you put it back?

Would you put it back?

• Yes! I don't want to be caught with the same piece of clothing that someone twice my age is wearing

• No. Don't be silly, the only thing that matters is how YOU wear it.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Oct 13, 2006
Was at Nordies yesterday for their anniversary sale, picked up a Michael Kors Two-Tone Hooded Leather Jacket to try on, and a well dressed lady in her 60s (a full head of well groomed white hair, slightly hunched back and age spots) came up to me:"isn't this nice? I picked up one for myself too, can't wait to wear it!" While I can only hope I'm as put together as she is when I am at her age, but I can't help to think when did I my fashion sense become this 'classic?" lol.

I'm 31, and dress on the casual side. I have no problem sharing handbags with my 92 years old granny :heart:, but the thought of wearing the same jacket as someone twice my age puts me in doubts of returning the jacket.... Am I being too sensitive?

Here's the link
MK jacket front.JPG

MK jacket back.JPG

Yes you are being too sensitive. Get the jacket. It's ageless. Depends how you would style it as well. You're in your thirties, to a teen you are ancient so they probably think the same as you when they see you possibly shopping at H&M, F21 etc!

Being in your "60's" doesn't seem to be what is was. Look at how Kris Jenner, Oprah, countless actresses in that decade etc dress. Times have changed.

Just a note; I don't think if the lady was reading this she would be very flattered with your description of her. Even if it's true, it's more polite to leave such things unsaid.

It sounds like you don't LOVE the jacket. That's a jacket that takes a lot of confidence to wear. If you don't love it, don't get it.

It will look different on you anyway.

With a simpler style, it may not be as much of an issue for you.

The demographic for MK is broad. It just is--look at the model, for example. It certainly includes people in their 30s. I bought a great leather racing jacket last fall that would probably be fine for anyone age 20-100.

It's cute. Your call, beyond that.

This is not a jacket for a 60-something, white haired, slightly hunched back and age spoted lady. In fact white hair, hunched and age spots tells me she is older than 60s. Probably 70s and even if she is trim, with a cute figure, this jacket is not the right one for her. She is trying way too hard, IMO.

This jacket will look better on someone like you.

What difference does it make really?? Are you socializing with this woman?

If she wants to wear it, let her wear it... You probably will have a different vibe
& it won't look like the same jacket

Just wear it & enjoy it

This is not a jacket for a 60-something, white haired, slightly hunched back and age spoted lady. In fact white hair, hunched and age spots tells me she is older than 60s. Probably 70s and even if she is trim, with a cute figure, this jacket is not the right one for her. She is trying way too hard, IMO.

This jacket will look better on someone like you.
I guess you haven't visited the WOACA thread then?

Whoa! Snobby much?

I am in my late 50's and if I like it, I rock it!

Maybe she went home and thought, "Wow, maybe I should take that jacket back. If such a gauche, immature, judgemental GIRL is looking at it, the thought of wearing the same jacket as someone half my age puts me in doubts of buying the jacket."

Think about that. Also? Betty White rules.

Actually, I am pretty old, I should probably go there. :biggrin:

The white haired, age spotted, hunched back description threw me off the idea of 70-something in a tiny leather jacket with a hood, but what do I know. Please disregard my initial negative response.

What difference does it make really?? Are you socializing with this woman?

If she wants to wear it, let her wear it... You probably will have a different vibe
& it won't look like the same jacket

Just wear it & enjoy it
thank you for setting me straight, I just find it interesting that I am biased on this jacket. If this lady is rocking a Chanel (based on her style, I'm certain she have a fantastic handbag collection) flap, I would've thought 'fun to meet a bag twin!' lol.

No, infact this is the first time I hear about WOACA. Thanks for mention it, I will definitely visit the thread!

Whoa! Snobby much?

I am in my late 50's and if I like it, I rock it!

Maybe she went home and thought, "Wow, maybe I should take that jacket back. If such a gauche, immature, judgemental GIRL is looking at it, the thought of wearing the same jacket as someone half my age puts me in doubts of buying the jacket."

Think about that. Also? Betty White rules.

Yes, Betty White rocks!:rochard: Looking back what I said, it does look snobby :sad: Now I feel awful, I know I'm not perfect but having a candid third person pov definitely shows I really do give myself too much credit. Yikes, I stand corrected!

Well, you are over 30. Not a young kid anymore. lol

That is very true, shows my mental age is not at par with my physical age :crybaby:

Yes you are being too sensitive. Get the jacket. It's ageless. Depends how you would style it as well. You're in your thirties, to a teen you are ancient so they probably think the same as you when they see you possibly shopping at H&M, F21 etc!

Being in your "60's" doesn't seem to be what is was. Look at how Kris Jenner, Oprah, countless actresses in that decade etc dress. Times have changed.

Just a note; I don't think if the lady was reading this she would be very flattered with your description of her. Even if it's true, it's more polite to leave such things unsaid.

Very true, funny how I often tell friends my age that age is only a number, what matter is how one carry themselves. I sure can use this line myself.

It sounds like you don't LOVE the jacket. That's a jacket that takes a lot of confidence to wear. If you don't love it, don't get it.

It will look different on you anyway.

With a simpler style, it may not be as much of an issue for you.

How do you know I'm not madly in love with the jacket? This is one of those I want vs I need piece, I already have a few leather jacket but none have the hood. If I am really in love with this jacket, i would consider the experience a plus - this jacket can be rocked with ladies in any age group!

I'd rather wear something someone twice my age would wear, than something someone half my age would wear.

;)

I have the same philosophy when I am splurging on a handbag - if my granny looks good with it, it is worth the money lol. I just can't believe how I thought the exact opposite when it comes to clothes. Too bad I no longer have the same figure someone half my age have lol.

Actually, I am pretty old, I should probably go there. :biggrin:

The white haired, age spotted, hunched back description threw me off the idea of 70-something in a tiny leather jacket with a hood, but what do I know. Please disregard my initial negative response.

It was my judgemental descriptions that carries the bad vibe, not you at all.