would you pick diamond earrings or coat?

LVoeletters

only the best
Aug 13, 2011
constant state of wanting sparkle
Hey all, my DBF says I can get either a burberry double breasted trench winter coat or inside out diamond hoops (on sale) I've wanted both. Another option was to get a Louis Vuitton tote (west minister) But I think he's leaning more toward buying me one of the first two... Originally he wanted to buy the coat, but then I saw the earrings on sale so now I don't know what to do! What would you do?

Phillyfan

O.G.
Nov 25, 2007
Well, earrings are year-round and the coat is only winter! How many months a year is your winter? Do you need a coat or do you have others that work fine? I'd go for earrings and I'm not an earring person. I just think you would get much more use out of them. But the coat does sound nice.......

Jacquel1ne

Dec 8, 2011
South East by the Sea UK
Diamond earrings. They are classic and should last you a lifetime.

Great advise, I would go with the earrings. I had a pair of gorgeous diamond stud ones for my last birthday with a 0 on! They are oh so special and I feel a million dollars when i wear them, all year round. Coats come and go but these will give you pleasure forever...........................

ame

O.G.
Mar 22, 2007
The coat. I know that's against the norm for me, but I can't see spending on inside out hoops. Those I don't find classic, if they were studs or small huggie hoops maybe.

Mar 14, 2006
the lowcountry
the coat.

you're going to get other gifts from this boyfriend in the future probably so get the coat now since it's less likely that this exact style/size will be on sale a month from now or next winter. plus you'd have to wait another year to wear it.

diamond earrings can be bought whenever, and it's easier to find something similar to what you wanted originally if they are no longer available.

get the coat now, and the earrings for valentine's day. that way you get two whole months of wearing out of the coat. :biggrin: