Would you pay more if it was MIF?

reecerandal

Dec 29, 2011
I was just wondering, would you pay more if you had the option of purchasing a Louis Vuitton bag etc. if it was made in France?

For example, if LV started to noticed that we wated more bags MIF as oppsed to MIU and they had a "surcharge" would you pay it? Let's say it's 1% more? :P

People already do pay more... resell on things that are MIF is much higher than for the USA equivalent. Which is silly, I think. :smile: It's all Vuitton.

I had a miu artsy and a Mif artsy and the France one was so much nicer..I couldn't believe the difference. So yes I would pay more..only if it was small fee
But then again I love my made in USA neverfulls so much..

I would pay more, yes. I can tell a difference, and my SA comments on it often. She will not buy any bags for herself with her discount that are made in the USA. That speaks volumes to me.

Well... I live in Mexico and here all the bags I've bought are MIF... The only MIU bag I have is one I bought in Miami last summer.... it's weird that happens, I don't know why... still... I prefer the MIF much more... even if here in Mexico the LV bags are more expensive than in the US...

Happily the bags in Holland were made in France most of the times. But I would be very upset with a Speedy MIU, happy that mine is MIF. So I would pay more for a MIF. :smile:

I know this topic's been beaten to death around TPF but I think you find just as many people who have noticed their MIU bags are made better than the France ones.. myself included. Better alignment etc... so in the end I think it comes down to EVERY factory has different batches, LV factory employees no matter what factory they are working in come from all over the world... it's all the same company. I personally think it's weird too, that "Made in France" is written in English. It's just not French-authentic-looking to me and seems cheesy. Not to mention counterfeiters use 'France' almost always. I'd rather support USA employees anyway :smile: I will however sometimes buy MIF over USA only because I'm fickle, and they resell better lol!

" I personally think it's weird too, that "Made in France" is written in English. " <---- I never thought about that before. You got a point there... I wonder why its not written in french. Was it ever in the past?

I am waiting on a phone call.
I sent my daughter over to my SA to try on the flat rain boats (that dont have the heel - they aren't on the website for some reason.)
So I can pay for it, if she likes them.
She is a hard core vegan so I am thrilled she would want anything from LV (because use of fur and animal skins, etc..) She normally would boycott.
But she is having problems find some classy looking rainboots and after buying these horrible ones, I said take those back and go see my gal at LV!
So finally she agreed! :smile:

I know this topic's been beaten to death around TPF but I think you find just as many people who have noticed their MIU bags are made better than the France ones.. myself included. Better alignment etc... so in the end I think it comes down to EVERY factory has different batches, LV factory employees no matter what factory they are working in come from all over the world... it's all the same company. I personally think it's weird too, that "Made in France" is written in English. It's just not French-authentic-looking to me and seems cheesy. Not to mention counterfeiters use 'France' almost always. I'd rather support USA employees anyway :smile: I will however sometimes buy MIF over USA only because I'm fickle, and they resell better lol!

I completely agree! My Taupe Mahina L which was MIF, had several defects and I've owned several other MIF bags with noticeable imperfections.

No, I would not pay more for MIF vs MIU. Although I am supporting a French company through my purchases, I am also supporting the workers in the factories in the USA employed by this French company. I live in the USA and it's nice to see Made in USA as well.

My Neverfull- MIU
Speedy-MIU
Bloomsbury- MIF
MC Sarah- Spain
Medium Agenda- MIF
Coin Purse- Spain

Nice variety of factory productions, I think :smile: