would you pay more for a mulberry discontinued style?

BAYLEY39

Jan 5, 2008
hi girls i have mulberry fever once again and the only cure seems to be a hint of rosemary

i have secured a very lightly used one in oak:drool: ( used once ) but i have paid alot more than the selling price was last year when available at the outlets

am i mad or would you do the same if you lusted after something that was no longer in production ?

i simply cannot understand why the bag didn't scream out to me when i saw it on the shelf lol :P

I would never say never!
It would depend on the bag, 'used' condition and if I was 110% certain that it was genuine (and of course, how desperate I was to acquire).
I think I know the rosemary you are referring to if it was on ebay - it looks very nice.
I have the rosemary in black - she is a gorgeous bag and I cannot believe that I didn't buy her in oak when she was available at outlets. Oh well, I have an oak blenheim (which I NEVER use :shrugs:) and an oak annie (which I love but refuse to use her at the moment because of the weather :sad: - although I actually dreamt about her last night - we got caught in a rainstorm and I was chided for being so precious about her and she got soaked but suffered no damage!!! - strange!!!). I seem to have drifted...

If I wanted a bag that badly and it was in 'like new' condition then yes, I'd pay a premium for it, but I wouldn't feel comfortable paying retail price. BUT, you know what it's like.... when you lust after a bag and can't find it and then it pops up... it's hard to resist.

Ditto what Jenova and Mini have said. Don't know how much they were selling for in the outlets last year as I only caught the Mulberry bug a few months ago. I have three Rosemary bags (check out my avatar!) which has earned me the title of Rosemary Hog (thanks Mini!) and I paid a hefty sum for the oak one, a bit less for the black one (which I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE) and slightly less than that for the choc one. I HAD to have them so was happy to pay more.

Tricky one, I am madly lusting after an aqua mabel but I wouldn't pay more than retail. Ideally I'd like one at enormous discount :okay:, but I know that when I eventually do track one down I'll be hard pressed not to grab it regardless of cost.

I think it depends on how rare the bag is and how much you really want it.

As they say, something is only worth what somebody is willing to pay for it. If you really, really want a bag and you know that you are going to have it forever and use it to death then its worth a lot more to you than it might be to somebody else.

If you would be willing, no questions asked, to pay full price for it if it was for sale now then why not. (just make sure you are sure you won't regret it later!).

Bayley did you buy that Rosemary on eBay that dissapeared all of a sudden because the seller 'accepted the offer of the highest bidder?' If so, I suppose you paid more than the 180 GBP?

Bayley did you buy that Rosemary on eBay that dissapeared all of a sudden because the seller 'accepted the offer of the highest bidder?' If so, I suppose you paid more than the 180 GBP?

caught red handed yes it was me:rolleyes: and yes i paid a hefty sum ( the extra was added on as postage to make up the offer price i paid)

not as much as retail i might add but more than what they retailed for in the outlets

i am really looking forward to oak rosemary arriving soon, i really do not get why i didn't snap her up when i had the chance at the outlet i think it maybe because i liked the look of roxy but find her hefty and too big for everyday :nuts: