Would you pay $600 more for a double flap than a single flap?

Single Flaps FTW. Your shoulders will thank you. I had one and sold it because I always go for something else in a similar size; were I to rebuy a jumbo, I would scour around for a single flap. I also think single flaps have real gold plated CC's before they stopped it in ~2012(?) - early 2010s

I like the look of the double flap because of the positioning of the grommets being different - so I think it sticks out more rather than lying flat on the body, which I think looks nice especially on taller people.
Personally I can’t handle the weight however so I would go a single flap. The double flap is more expensive on the pre loved market and I don’t think $600 is unreasonable.

Reactions: disappeared
I don't find double flap to be heavy or much heavier than single flap. Depends if you want to go for practicality vs aesthetic. Single flap is slightly lighter (I'm talking about a lb at most) and can hold more, but double flap holds its shape better, have a more structured look that I personally prefer, so yes I'd pay a little extra just so my bag would look nicer. If I want something lightweight and practical, I got my lululemon belt bag and uniqlo bag for that purpose.

• Insightful
Reactions: MillStream
Double Flap's for me all the way. Nothing against Single Flaps, I've just seen so many loose their shape and develop a point in the Flap which I personally don't care for. I like structure in my bags and I'd be paranoid through using a Single that it would slowly loose its shape over time.

Reactions: Metalblond
I am hands down a single flap chick so very biased here in regards to which one I’d choose.

All of my jumbos are single flaps. I prefer the lightweightedness and the extreme ease of getting in and out of the bag. I use my flaps quite a bit these days — no sagging issues, but YMMV I suppose depending on how hard one is on their bags.

I have a few m/l flaps for size reasons — that double flap drives me nuts at times.

Here is a pic for some single flap inspiration!D43733F6-8A69-4BCE-A1AF-5F488A981519.jpeg

Reactions: absolutanne