Would You Offer To Help a Stranger ?

Absolutely! Not long ago the DH and I were in the "upscale" mall near us. These are very well off women that take great pride in their appearance and spend gobs of money doing so. We were walking through the mall and there is a woman chatting with a friend, strolling through the mall happy as a clam............totally oblivious to the fact that she had put her shirt on INSIDE OUT!! I told the DH I just could NOT let that woman walk through the mall like that.He thought I was nuts. I walked up to her, and said "Excuse me" then leaned over and whispered "you have your shirt on inside out!" You could see the tags, the seams, you name it. She looked down semi-shocked and said "Thank you!"

Now why her FRIEND did not tell her this, I have no clue.... :shrugs:

I'll probably do this the next time I have a dress on for saying this, but I'll never understand how any woman can leave a restroom with her skirt tucked into her underwear!! Don't women glance around and have a quick look or run their hands over their butts to make sure everything is where it should be? I can almost see walking out of a stall like that, but most restroom mirrors are large enough that all you need to do is turn around and have a peek before you walk out!

Sort of reminds me of all the women that clearly do NOT own a floor length mirror at home or don't turn around for a glance at their side view and back view. I don't get that. The world doesn't see us only front and square, so why aren't women having a peek before they leave the house? I'm so careful that if I'm buying a pair of light colored slacks, I turn around, bend over, check for VPLs and make sure the fabric is thick enough to cover what I do NOT want to share with the world.

Absolutely - I just had to tell a guy at work yesterday that his "barn door was open". Slightly embarassing situation but at least he found out before the horse poked his little head out. :wlae:

Adriane said:
Absolutely - I just had to tell a guy at work yesterday that his "barn door was open". Slightly embarassing situation but at least he found out before the horse poked his little head out. :wlae:

Ha, ha, ha, ha, I love how you've phrased that :roflmfao: :roflmfao: :roflmfao:

I would defintely try to point out wardrobe "malfunctions". I couldn't, in all conciousness, allow someone to walk around with their skirt tucked into their tights or trail toilet paper out of the loo or walk around with one black shoe and one white shoe etc. I hope someone would do the same for me. However, I wouldn't tell somebody that their clothes were too tight or didn't suit them or made them look like a hooker- I have seen and heard total strangers in a shopping mall walk up to people and tell them their opinions on their clothes- I think that's all wrong and not to mention, really, really rude! Eg. I heard a girl tell a random stranger that they were too fat to wear a short skirt and that she looked like an elephant, then she called her "wide load"- the poor girl was mortified and there were tears in her eyes.

I agree- discretion is in fact key. If someone yelled out to me that something was wrong with my outfit I would be SO embarassed. I treat others the way I would want to be treated. However, would you guys point out if someones whale tail was sticking out (thong) of their pants? I dunno about that one!

Yes, I was at Starbucks the other day and a young woman had on a nice pencil skirt, but she had neglected to snip the thread that holds together the kick pleat in back, so I told her very quietly.

stllove said:
I agree- discretion is in fact key. If someone yelled out to me that something was wrong with my outfit I would be SO embarassed. I treat others the way I would want to be treated. However, would you guys point out if someones whale tail was sticking out (thong) of their pants? I dunno about that one!

Ooohhh, I wouldn't dare. I would probably get a smack across the face plus a whole heap of aggro for that. my 15 year old niece tells me that "showing your thong/G-string sticking out of your jeans is THE fashion" nowadays!!!??? Is that right?

phooey said:
Ooohhh, I wouldn't dare. I would probably get a smack across the face plus a whole heap of aggro for that. my 15 year old niece tells me that "showing your thong/G-string sticking out of your jeans is THE fashion" nowadays!!!??? Is that right?

Good Grief!! How tacky! What's with the kids and wanting to show all their underwear these days. :yucky:

Of course with thongs there isn't much to show.... :wtf:

So sorry to dredge this one up but I this thread reminded me a of a weird situation a few years ago.

I was walking out a shopping mall and I noticed two women by the escalators. one woman was bending over a buggy doing things and the other woman was watching. The woman standing over the buggy was in a short-ish dress that had ridden up so far that ALL her underwear was in display (as well as the parts the underwear didn’t cover! )

Now I was only 17 at the time abut really shocked at the sight (people were coming and going and everything) so i went up and told the woman standing and watching that her friends underwear was on display. Her reply was "Yeah, OK, I'll tell her" I was really amazed at her nonchalance!

Clearly it was no big deal to either of them....