Would you make a fuss over this??

1. My Rebelle is 2 weeks old - I noticed a few threads on the inside of the shoulder strap are sort of sticking out, like not finished neatly. They don't appear to be loose, but I don't think a bag costing close to $1500.00 should have these threads looking so unfinished. I love the bag and don't want to return it but I am going to take it to Dior today to see what they say. Am I over reacting?

2. No Way! You are not over reacting at all! I absolutely agree that when you are investing alot of money in a handbag, it should be flawless! It really bothers me when I see bags with stitching looking unfinished or crooked and I always ask for another one and if they dont have one I wont buy it because it would bother me. You are doing the right thing by bringing it back. Hopefully they have another one to give you :smile:

Good luck!

3. Make a fuss. Absolutely your bag should be perfection.
    I'd require a new one.

4. Absolutly yes! I am the same way. That's the reason why you pay for quality handbags. For the quality.

5. If you pay that much for a bag there shouldn't be any loose threads. Take it back

6. Okay so Dior (the manager of the dept.) said I couldn't have a new bag because my bag had been used and they don't give you a new bag when it is used. They took it in for repair and that's the best I could do. I noticed the problem while out of town and couldn't get to Dior till I returned home - yes I used it while I was away so although it was in fine shape, my options were limited. I will of course let them make it perfect but I will think twice next time about Dior - Do you think LV would have done the same thing??? This boutique is within the confines of Saks, I wonder if that changes policy. I want to add that the SA's were very nice and friendly but the female manager had a *****y, snotty touch of attitude.

7. A lot of COmpanies do that unfortunately. If you had bought it from NM or something, it's likely you would've gotten a new bag since it's still new.
    At least, at my NM they do.
    I had a small issue w/ a Chanel bag and when I showed my SA she was horrified, snatched me a new one and sent me on my way.
    I was SOOO pleased!

8. yea, this was different since I took the bag on a week's vacation and it was used. If I had noticed it immediately and returned it, I'm sure there would have been no problem. I'm usually so excited about a new bag that I don't take the time to really examine it before I leave the store. I have to start doing that.

9. i am like you too, most of the time, i don't really check the bag carefully coz i take it that the piece i am given is brand new and defect free. now i do make it a point to check and take my time to avoid running back to tbe boutique.

10. Okay Dior fixed the stitches on my Rebelle and I must say right on time (which I was leary about) - It looks gorgeous - They made a point of saying "no charge" Like duh, was there any doubt!!!!! Stil waiting for the messenger strap - has anyone gotten one??????

11. Saks let me exchange a bag I'd been using for a month and a half for a new one when I showed a problem with some of the leather on it (that was clearly not from use). Maybe you just got a bad SA or a bad Saks? :s Either way, I'm glad they fixed it for you!

12. Actually, I think I just got a bag with some careless stitching - everyone made it right so I'm okay with it - You really have to check the bag over before you leave the store, no matter the price of the bag - I see that as the lesson here for me - thanks Cat Lover!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice