Would you like Richemont and Kering to merge?

Would you like Richemont and Kering to merge?

• Yes

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • No

Votes: 6 85.7%

• Total voters
I’m not keen on seeing them merge, I think diversity of management philosophy leads to better competition and offerings. It’s boring when everything is fun in the same way.

That being said I agree they have complementary strengths. So perhaps more strategic partnership between them?

I’m not keen on seeing them merge, I think diversity of management philosophy leads to better competition and offerings. It’s boring when everything is fun in the same way.

That being said I agree they have complementary strengths. So perhaps more strategic partnership between them?
Working on each other's strengths can make them more innovative/creative.

Reactions: renee_nyc
Working on each other's strengths can make them more innovative/creative.
Exactly. I think it also allows them to keep a bit more control. I don't know if you have ever read the book 'A Creative Constraint' but sometimes not being able to do everything you want can create better results.

So, what do you think should happen? Would you want them to merge?

Exactly. I think it also allows them to keep a bit more control. I don't know if you have ever read the book 'A Creative Constraint' but sometimes not being able to do everything you want can create better results.

So, what do you think should happen? Would you want them to merge?
Oh personally I want them to merge. Why? So they can take on LVMH. Don't get me wrong I still LOVE LVMH.

You rec the luxury shopping book. You know a lot about luxury and fashion books 🤗

Last edited:
Reactions: renee_nyc
Oh personally I want them to merge. Why? So they can take on LVMH. Don't get me wrong I still LOVE LVMH.

You rec the luxury shopping book. You know a lot about luxury and fashion books 🤗
I do appreciate competition as it pushes everyone, in theory!

I think part of the issue is that luxury brands need revenue and they are competing for a small audience. So they can get more people into the brand by going more mass, or they can charge more for the same quality (Chanel, I’m looking at you)! Neither of those lead to innovation.

What would you like to see in terms of them taking on LVMH? More exclusive product? Better quality? More interesting designs?

I do appreciate competition as it pushes everyone, in theory!

I think part of the issue is that luxury brands need revenue and they are competing for a small audience. So they can get more people into the brand by going more mass, or they can charge more for the same quality (Chanel, I’m looking at you)! Neither of those lead to innovation.

What would you like to see in terms of them taking on LVMH? More exclusive product? Better quality? More interesting designs?
I made a point about Kering being soft luxury while Richemont is hard luxury. What I'd like to see is them switching with each other's resources, which means new stuff instead of them playing it safe.