Would you let a friend borrow your bag?

no....i think my friends know better than to ask me because i am VERY obsessive over them....but i just wouldn't be able to if they asked. i don't know how i would go about saying no...but luckily no one has asked yet!!

NO ... I love my friends but I don't think they truly appreciate handbags like I do! I just don't want to be placed in a situation (where the bag comes back ruined) that could come between our friendship ... I'd rather just help them buy their own bag or give one of my older less loved bags;)

No. When I let my friends borrow things (never bags, thank goodness) it always seems like there's some kind of mix up or it gets temporarly lost, etc. So I just say no.

I hate to sound materialistic but I'm sorry I don't have $300 items I'm willing to risk never getting back. I don't have that kind of $$$.

you take a risk every time you lend anything to anyone. unfortunately, i do not trust anyone with something so valuable to me.
i only let my sisters and mom borrow my bags. they know how careful i am with my stuff and how much i paid for each so i know they will take extra care of it. and if something happens, i can forgive them. i may not be as tolerant to others so i'd rather not subject myself to that.

I just love my best friend, but she wouldn't know a great expensive purse from a cheap vinyl. One day, she needed a brown bag because she was going on an interview, so I loaned her one of my really nice, but not so expensive Sabrina Scala bags. I believe I paid $150 for it, and I liked it, but I told her she can borrow it. Well, she used it for a few days, and when I say she stuffed that bag....she really stuffed it until the sides were all pooched out and it couldn't even close properly. Now, I'm not one to put everything I own in the universe in my bags, but she always has been one to carry around all her bills, address book, large calendar appointment book, big hair brush, 10 pounds of keys, etc......When I saw it, I just told her that it looked really great on her and I thought she should keep it for her very own. I am sure that I would have never used it again because she used it more in 3 days than I would in 5 years. So, my answer is never, never, never, would I loan out my handbags because no one takes care of them like I do! I still love her.

I would loan my bags to my friends. Even if they got damaged I would be okay. My bags are replaceable, my friends are not.

That's such a lovely thing to say, and it is true...but I don't think I am as nice as you because I don't think I could be ok with damage...and I would worry it would affect the friendship. Especially if I thought someone hadn't taken very good care of a bag. I have a friend I used to live with who borrowed some of my things (often without asking) and they almost always came back damaged in some way. A one-off accident can happen to anyone, but if someone consistently does not respect your belongings they're really not respecting you either IMO. I know things are just things, but if they're other people's you should be careful with them.

I wouldn't feel comfortable lending my bags (or nicer clothes or shoes) to people, so I don't. Although I would lend a bag to my Mum if she wanted to borrow one, because I know she would look after it. But I don't think she'd ever ask, or want the responsibility!!

I have let friends borrow certain bags of mine. But you have to make sure that they are the type of people to really take care of it. Otherwise you could end up with some accidents (like letting it sit on a bar in water).

Hmm..I had to think on that one, but I would let my best friend borrow it except she is not such a good returner...she borrowed some jeans once, and I never saw them again, then she borrowed some new flip-flops..it was her graduation...day..from Univ....so I let her, and again never saw them again....but when it comes to bags I dont even think she would ask..she is always just carring a wallet or small wristlet type thing. I always hand down my bags to my cousins...who at the time I did were younger, now they both have kids..so I try to sell them.

I let a girlfriend of mine borrow my rare gold Fendi baguette, and after a night of bar-hopping, she left it in the taxi. She lost her wallet and camera, and I lost my rare handbag!!! She didn't understand...as she is not so into bags. I ended up finding another one, but had to pay top dollar for it...where as the one that was lost, I had gotten for a steal!!