Would you leave neutral or negative feedback to non-responsive seller?

Exactly. It is all about being courteous enough to answer a simple email. I just got home a while ago and still no bag. I know that there are always circumstances that affect shipping/handling times, but for her to completely ignore me is strong enough to send up the red flags.

Yes, I know what you mean. :yes:

I have had sellers not ship my item for a week after the auction but at least they had enough common sense to answer an email explaining why it was late. I would have had no problem if she would have just emailed me after my initial contact and said "my kid is sick, I'm shipping it on Monday" or whatever.

Also, whenever a buyer asks me a question, I always answer... no matter how simple or dumb I may think it is. There's never an excuse to completely ignore someone who just spent a serious chunk of change on a premium designer bag from you.

Exactly. :smile:

There is always a lot of talk, on here, about how unreliable and untrustworthy buyers are and yet, many sellers seem to completely forget that eBay is just as much, if not more, of a minefield for buyers.

Just because a seller knows he/she isn't a scam-artist, doesn't mean the buyer, automatically, will; especially if there is no communication. :nogood:

Irritating as a buyer asking where an item is, after just a few days, may be to a seller, sellers need to remember that fact and answer their emails. :yes:

Thanks for all the input, everyone!

No problem! :flowers:

The funny thing is, when I went back to see if she maybe relisted my bag and just was trying to scam me, she had listed two more items in the interim. This is proof to me that she had been on her EB at least, so there was no way she couldn't have noticed that her item sold. Also, she sold another item the same day. She had only 3 items for sale at the time i hit BIN for my bag.

Just because she had new items listed doesn't mean she was online. You set auctions to start on a certain day ahead of time. Also I have most of my items set to automatically relist themselves if not sold.

Make sure you check the email address you have on file with Paypal (and the spam folder). A shipment notification will automatically be sent there is she printed out her shipping label through Paypal. If it was shipped that way, the seller knows you were already sent an email with the delivery confirmation number by Paypal.

She also may not be answering you because your emails seem impatient and honestly when someone comes off as being overly impatient or demanding you want to avoid any confrontations with them to avoid negatives as sellers are at the mercy of one sided negatives now.

I make sure buyers get sent a shipping notice twice just in case they missed the first one (one from Paypal and one through Ebay).

Last edited:
Just because she had new items listed doesn't mean she was online. You set auctions to start on a certain day ahead of time. Also I have most of my items set to automatically relist themselves if not sold.

Make sure you check the email address you have on file with Paypal (and the spam folder). A shipment notification will automatically be sent there is she printed out her shipping label through Paypal. If it was shipped that way, the seller knows you were already sent an email with the delivery confirmation number by Paypal.

She also may not be answering you because your emails seem impatient and honestly when someone comes off as being overly impatient or demanding you want to avoid any confrontations with them to avoid negatives as sellers are at the mercy of one sided negatives now.

I make sure buyers get sent a shipping notice twice just in case they missed the first one (one from Paypal and one through Ebay).

Thanks, PBD. I understand where you're coming from with the spam folder. Believe me, I thought of these things as potential causes for the issue.
As for the emails I sent her, I made them sound as passive as possible, considering the amount of worry I was feeling at the time. I only sent three emails over a period of 5 days.

I do have an update regarding the situation. I received an email from the seller last night. She said she had a "Family Emergency" and that she would email me the tracking number later that night. If this is true, I completely understand. I will never know if this was really what caused the delay.

Later last night I received an email from a name I didn't recognize. It was not the seller but the email included my "tracking number". I tracked i and it stated that it was shipped on the 2nd... 5 days after the end of my auction. I'm not sure why it was someone else emailing me-- maybe she had a friend mail the package for her? I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt. In all honesty, I just want this transaction to be OVER!!

I'd leave a neutral for lack of communication. I did that to FP but poor communication wasn't really the only thing. The transaction was a total nightmare with everything else.

^ Xactly, she was avoiding the buyer kuZ she had not mailed the package. Still, if the item arrives well-packed and in the expected condition, I would leave a Neutral and give her low ratings in communication and shipping.

I am officially FREAKING out now.

I've been tracking the package all day using the "tracking number" the mystery person gave me. This morning at about 10am it said "Item has left our Anaheim CA facility" or something like that. This afternoon, it says "Item received at unit" in Libertyville, IL.

Of all the things I've had shipped to me over the years, I've never heard of anything going through Libertyville, IL.

When I called the USPS phone number and tracked it on the phone the automated lady said "Your item has arrived at the post office and is scheduled for delivery" :cursing: WTH? I don't live in LIBERTYVILLE or even ILLINOIS. I live in MICHIGAN.

I have no idea what to do. I tried to ask the stupid B**** on the USPS phone number if the Libertyville facility was a normal route for delivery to Michigan and she cut me off and wouldn't answer me. I am so mad right now.

I also emailed both the seller and the mystery person asking them to confirm where they sent the package to. No reply yet. AAAAHHHHHHH.

I am officially FREAKING out now.

I've been tracking the package all day using the "tracking number" the mystery person gave me. This morning at about 10am it said "Item has left our Anaheim CA facility" or something like that. This afternoon, it says "Item received at unit" in Libertyville, IL.

Of all the things I've had shipped to me over the years, I've never heard of anything going through Libertyville, IL.

When I called the USPS phone number and tracked it on the phone the automated lady said "Your item has arrived at the post office and is scheduled for delivery" :cursing: WTH? I don't live in LIBERTYVILLE or even ILLINOIS. I live in MICHIGAN.

I have no idea what to do. I tried to ask the stupid B**** on the USPS phone number if the Libertyville facility was a normal route for delivery to Michigan and she cut me off and wouldn't answer me. I am so mad right now.

I also emailed both the seller and the mystery person asking them to confirm where they sent the package to. No reply yet. AAAAHHHHHHH.

Maybe the seller gave you the wrong tracking number. You already contacted the seller, so wait and see what he/she says. Packages do get delivered to the wrong addresses every so often. It happens, and most of the time the USPS either redirects it to the right address or sends it back to the sender.

I think getting this upset not only doesn't fix the situation but it makes it harder on you...and on that USPS customer service rep who was trying to help you and who probably cut you off kuz you were too mad and possibly talking to her like she's a stupid b*tch. KWIM?

Maybe the seller gave you the wrong tracking number. You already contacted the seller, so wait and see what he/she says. Packages do get delivered to the wrong addresses every so often. It happens, and most of the time the USPS either redirects it to the right address or sends it back to the sender.

I think getting this upset not only doesn't fix the situation but it makes it harder on you...and on that USPS customer service rep who was trying to help you and who probably cut you off kuz you were too mad and possibly talking to her like she's a stupid b*tch. KWIM?

I totally know what you mean. As with any situation, I allow myself only to get upset when I'm alone or not on the phone. I know that it only hurts my cause to get upset. I really appreciate and understand all you said, though. Thanks so much for all the help, Karmenzsofia.

The problem has been solved. I about had a heart attack when I saw the package sitting on my step tonight. I think who I should really be upset with is the USPS tracking system. I can't believe that it would say it was in Illinois when really it was here. So strange. Anyway, case closed... I have my bag, and I love it. Thanks for all your help, fellow gumshoes.

You got it?! Wonderful!

PS: I think it would be helpful to let the USPS know what happened, as feedback, hoping they will use it to improve their system.