Would you keep this?

NurseAnn

O.G.
Apr 10, 2009
Hi everyone! I'd really appreciate your opinions on this Sarah wallet I just purchased from Fashionphile. When I first got it I was over the moon excited because it looked brand new. The listing described it to have faint scratches on the button and light warping of the credit card slots but in real life you can barely see these things. The CC pockets and slots look totally unused.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1403216692.989121.jpg

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1403216712.195882.jpg

But when I looked at the glazing I found cracking that wasn't included in the description nor the pictures. This is on both sides and seems to be the same glazing issue others on TPF have had with this wallet.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1403216762.707487.jpg

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1403216776.420047.jpg

I have purchased from Fashionphile before with great results. I believe this to be an honest mistake and have contacted them to see what options I have. It is still well within the timeframe where I could return it. However after seeing it I have come to love this style and it is discontinued. Would you keep it and take it to LV to reglaze it if Fashionphile offered a partial refund? Do you think the cracking will come right back? I have had the new Sarah wallet and the Emilie wallet and didn't love them. I really love the look, feel, and layout of this one. Should I keep looking for another pre owned wallet? Thanks in advance for your thoughts! I will not be keeping this wallet if FP does not lower the price for me.

I would keep it! I have the same wallet and I love the style. I don't think the cracking looks bad at all. You can always have it reglazed if it gets worse. When was it made? The older wallets have a really good quality!

I, personally think there is nothing wrong with it. I would expect on the seem where there is movement that there maybe a bit of give in the glaze. It's nothing major and seems satisfactory to me.

I would keep it. It doesn't look bad at all and just seems to be in places that move often. And like LVLoveaffair said, you can get it reglazed later on. Enjoy your new beauty! :biggrin:

Personally, I don't think the cracking looks bad. If you are really concern then take it to the store and see if they can fix it. But this looks like it's from normal use.

If the canvas is cracked LV will NOT repair or reglaze it.
If that is a glazing issue than it can be reglazed . If the wallet is less than a year old they might reglaze it for free or even replace it.

Looks okay to me. But really if it is going to bother you I'd return. Guess this would also depend on what you paid for it.

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum

Thank you all for your feedback. I was leaning towards keeping it before I posted and what you've said has really reaffirmed my decision. I just am not sure I can get as nice of a wallet for the price. It was made in late September 2013...so it's really not very old. The cracking appears isolated to the glazing as far as I can tell. It really doesn't bother me other than the fear that it could lead to canvas damage in the future. You really can't tell that the cracks are there unless you are microanalyzing like I was. Another plus is that, one hour after I e-mailed them, Fashionphile replied and offered a 12% refund...which I find to be quite fair. I could put that towards the repair cost. Do you have any guesses as to the cost of reglazing? It's not even a year old so is it possible they would do it for free even if I didn't buy it from there? Thank you all for your input. I'm still quite new to LV and learning what is and isn't normal so I really appreciate it.