Would you keep this Alexa?

Thanks for your opinions ladies. Have decided to return it! Just don't like the really soft wriggly leather. The side studs keep coming undone as the leather is soo soft and the bag has to be at least half full to have any kind of shape. I just know it will really bug me! Thanks for all your input!!

It is lovely - and as others have said, great price - but if the slouchiness and softness is an issue that bothers you, and you are in a position to return it, then maybe you should....bargain aside, you really have to be 100% happy imo..... but best of luck with whatever decision you make:smile:

Thanks for your opinions ladies. Have decided to return it! Just don't like the really soft wriggly leather. The side studs keep coming undone as the leather is soo soft and the bag has to be at least half full to have any kind of shape. I just know it will really bug me! Thanks for all your input!!

I think you made the right decision. ;)
It's better to get something you love for a bit more than something that bugs you for half price. And despite what others have said about some Alexas having soft crinkly leather, for some reason I've never seen those in the Mulberry stores. :hrmm:

I agree you've made the right decision. If it wasn't love then it wasn't the alexa for you. It looks like the seller would have no problem reselling as several tpfers could be looking out for it. The colour was gorgeous but when it comes to buffalo leather it's very much a personal choice on tracking down the one for you. Good luck :smile:

Hi Sue, I don't like my bags this wrinkly either but others do so it will go to a good home if the seller resells. You have two great purchases to replace this, so you must be happy!

They have come already! You were right, the cookie is lovely! :smile: Still not sure if i am keeping it as only planned to buy one bag and got a bit carried away!!

Well, i sent the bag back. Really wasn't me. Hated the slouchiness. I love a little slouch but that and the wrinkles was just too much. Fortunately, thanks to one of the ladies on another thread i saw that Wheelers had a sale.. So i managed to pick this up today at half price! I had my eye on this (and another bag half price) and haven't seen it anywhere. So i am happy!
http://s1146.photobucket.com/albums/o527/xcleo/silky snake/?action=view&current=DSC_0864.jpg

She is beautiful but then I am biased as I have the mini version :biggrin: The silky snakes are a little more structured so it helps to reduce the slouchiness :love:

Make sure you spray - they are prone to colour transfer :smile:

She is beautiful but then I am biased as I have the mini version :biggrin: The silky snakes are a little more structured so it helps to reduce the slouchiness :love:

Make sure you spray - they are prone to colour transfer :smile:

Thanks Cupcake, yes I remember admiring your mini. Worried a bit about colour transfer. Has spraying it stopped colour transfer happening? Or do you just not wear it with dark colours like jeans?

I've only worn her twice - once with a grey and black patterned tunic top and leggings and it was fine and then with a long black cotton skirt and I had colour transfer from the skirt! I was so gutted but I managed to get it out with some Collonil leather gel, even though in HOF, they said they only recommend the spray for the silkly snakes. I didn't know this information before and I had been using both the spray and the gel on my ss purse for months and it was fine, so I thought I'd give it a try on the pebbled beige. I only tried it on where the colour transfer was and haven't braved it on the rest of it, as conscious of what the girls at HOF had said about only recommending the spray. I did ask why the gel isn't recommended but they didn't know.

I hope that helps!