Would you keep it?

justapixel

Oct 16, 2014
Back story:I have metastatic breast cancer and lots of medical bills and a kid at Caltech. My husband is retitred. I inherited money, which goes to his school. I can't work although as I writer, I bring in some here and there.

After all is paid, I realized I have some extra money, and being a bag lover, I bought the pinnical of them. Chanel. Used. It's a bucket list item. I picked a PST because I'm 97 lbs, my lifestyle is very casual (mostly doctors appointments) and sometimes small trips and I think it will be perfect for me. I thought the GST would be too big and maybe heavy (I have a bad arm from surgery)

I bought a bag on Yoogis for 1100k, the PST. I thought it was a good price for a 2005. The bag didn't look like the photos, although it's not all Yoogis fault. They did disclose the corners but I didn't realize what I was looking at. There is also lines through it, The bag had clearly been stored by folding it in half, corners in. So across the crease there are bend marks, as there are across the back.

The PST is perfect for my lifestyle. But I'm unsure if the lines across the front will bother me, or if it's maybe to be as expected, like the corners. Yoogies is being kind-they think if it's stuffed and stored properly the corners may improve but didn't mention the rest.

I'm desperate for opinions from others. Would you carry this bag or take it back and hope for a better one?

Do you have tips and tricks for restoring it?

I'd really like to make a decision soon.

Yoogis has a tag on it which means I can't take it out for a spin without buying it. A few compliments might change my opinion. :smile:

Attached are photos. Would appreciate your thoughts about what you'd do if you were in my place?

If it's not ok to post this, please pull. I don't know where I should.

I can post more photos if anybody needs to see more

Thank you!!

Attachments

• IMG_1576.JPG
    IMG_1576.JPG
    472.5 KB · Views: 775
Reactions: janellec and Acctt
Personally, I think the lines would bother me, but I am a little picky. I ordered a tote from a reseller a while ago that had horrible folding lines in it- they had folded the bag up and just stuffed it in a box that was too small. So, I tried steaming the bag. I put a light pillowcase in between the bag and the steamer and ran the steamer over the pillowcase. It did help, but the lines were still there, just slightly better. I have had it stuffed since and have seen some more improvement, but they are still there. I think I might try steaming it again and then maybe hanging the bag to try to relax the lines more... I decided to keep the bag because besides the lines the bag was in mint condition and I eventually I think I can get the lines out, or atleast get them to minimally show. But it has been a long process and has been a hassle. I would just decide if it is worth it to you to try to get them out or not. You could maybe contact Leather Surgeons and see if they have any tips to get the lines out, or if that is something they can maybe fix. I have used them for other things, and they are experts with Chanel bags and reasonably priced and do great work. Good luck with your decision, the PST sounds perfect for you:smile:

Thank you so much! The lines really bug me, corners too. But for the price I paid, seems like corner damage is inevitable-not so with lines. But like you said, my purse is perfect inside, and not a spot of dirt anywhere and no scuff marks. So maybe a trade-off? I have to remember, it's 17 years old.

Is leather surgeon online? Might be a good solution.

I have an event tomorrow and am dying to carry this bag-but I have lesser bags that actually look better. :sad:. Just crazy to show off the Chanel, cancer made me more self-indulgent!

Yes, Leather Surgeons is online- leathersurgeons.com. They can also touch up corners. Have fun showing off your new Chanel and you deserve to be self-indulgent. Wishing you well and enjoy your new beauty:flowers:

Yes, it was clearly folded in half and jammed into a closet.

I have been looking for other bags in the same style (which is really the one I want) at about my price point, and most are equally bad if not worse. Mine has no scrapes or wear and the inside is perfect. Having over stuffed it and left it on its side for two days, the corners are better although I don't know if they'd stay that way if I used it. Yoogis Closet put their authentication seal right on the very top so I can't carry it with the card tucked in to test it.

The lines across seem no better.

It's shocking that people don't take care of their lovely and expensive things. It must be nice to take a Chanel bag and crumple it up like a pair of socks, and not think about it-but I think I'd rather be poorer and appreciate and take care of my beautiful things.

I really do not know what to do. One second I think I should just use it and keep storing it right on days I don't go out and see if it improves, and the next I think this is not acceptable and I should take it back.

I suppose I can send photos to the leather doctor and see if he can repair at a decent cost. It's really weighing on me, right now I'm sorry I bought it. Something I should be thrilled with is making my head hurt and I have enough hurting!

I think you should return the bag since its obviously bothering you, i don't think leather doctor can fix the shape of the bag. Don't worry too much, your perfect bag will come along :heart:

I have a black PST that was my first Chanel, purchased in 2009 which at the time was only around 900 dollars in Paris. It still looks in excellent condition. You should be completely happy with it and no reservations for that much money. The lines would bother me, you can find one in better condition, I might continue looking.

I think you should return. Don't settle. The perfect bag is out there for you. Patience will pay off when you have that perfect bag for you to enjoy in all it's glory.

All the best to you!

I had a black caviar PST but sold it off after a while. While its a beautiful bag, i find it susceptible to creases at the center-verticle of the bag. It also doesnt maintain the shape at its sides. But what bothers me the most is that the chain strap doesn't sit properly on my shoulder and keep sliding down. I didnt keep it long enough to see the corner wear, it was ok while I was using it.

For the price you have paid, I would return & wait for a better condition bag, or see other chanel bags options too.

As you are open to secondary market for chanel bag, you will have more choices & price that is within your ranges. Good luck & I hope my experience could be helpful for you. :flowers:

I've never hunted for a PST/GST from Chanel so I don't know what is a fair price on the item.

The worst creasing seems to be on the backpocket side to my eyes...which...to be honest, wouldn't bother me too much since I use tote-style bags as my heavy-duty rougher bags and that side is the side that will be inward-facing.

If the description doesn't fit your mind of what the creases would look like, and the photos didn't make it fully apparent to you, however...you should return it. It's a lot of money to have regrets. This is why when I am buying pre-loved I am actually even MORE picky than what I buy in store. New in-store items do not vary considerably. On the other hand, I have to check myself when buying pre-loved to make sure I am not accepting something "just because I got a deal."

Even if you got a deal, anything $1000+ is still a hefty amount of money and your heart should sing.

I'm also sorry for your difficult situation and I totally understand the desire to have an accessory that is beautiful and lifts you up a bit.

Yes I think it would bother you later on, and I think you can still find better condition PST for a little bit more cost but will worth to pay for the better condition as Chanel is the purse you could adore and wear forever. I own my PST and paid retail price as new ( in 2013 -2014 before discontinued ) but never regret it. Goodluck with your decision! :hugs:

Last edited:
Back story:I have metastatic breast cancer and lots of medical bills and a kid at Caltech. My husband is retitred. I inherited money, which goes to his school. I can't work although as I writer, I bring in some here and there.

After all is paid, I realized I have some extra money, and being a bag lover, I bought the pinnical of them. Chanel. Used. It's a bucket list item. I picked a PST because I'm 97 lbs, my lifestyle is very casual (mostly doctors appointments) and sometimes small trips and I think it will be perfect for me. I thought the GST would be too big and maybe heavy (I have a bad arm from surgery)

I bought a bag on Yoogis for 1100k, the PST. I thought it was a good price for a 2005. The bag didn't look like the photos, although it's not all Yoogis fault. They did disclose the corners but I didn't realize what I was looking at. There is also lines through it, The bag had clearly been stored by folding it in half, corners in. So across the crease there are bend marks, as there are across the back.

The PST is perfect for my lifestyle. But I'm unsure if the lines across the front will bother me, or if it's maybe to be as expected, like the corners. Yoogies is being kind-they think if it's stuffed and stored properly the corners may improve but didn't mention the rest.

I'm desperate for opinions from others. Would you carry this bag or take it back and hope for a better one?

Do you have tips and tricks for restoring it?

I'd really like to make a decision soon.

Yoogis has a tag on it which means I can't take it out for a spin without buying it. A few compliments might change my opinion. :smile:

Attached are photos. Would appreciate your thoughts about what you'd do if you were in my place?

If it's not ok to post this, please pull. I don't know where I should.

I can post more photos if anybody needs to see more

Thank you!!
Hi! I would return it and find a bag in better condition that makes your heart sing!! Wishing best of luck with your health...you definitely deserve to treat yourself and be 100% happy with your bag!

i have 3 PST bags... i paid about 1.3K for all of them. if you got it at 1.3K or under it'd be a good deal, especially for black caviar. some of my PSTs have had those lines and even when stuffed the crease lines will take a very long time to go away - not weeks, but months of proper storage and massages and care. i find that if i use a shaper along the sides only it helps them maintain shape better. the corners on PSTs show wear easily, so if the corners show a bit of wear i wouldn't be too bothered by it. the handle will show the wear the most, after the corners, the handle gets very wrinkled over time. i think the bag looks ok for pre-loved, personally. the PST will lose some shape over time anyway, but you have to feel satisfied with your purchase. it doesn't need any repair though, don't pay for that. accept it as-is or return.