Would you keep and fix or return this?

mcheng96

Mar 27, 2016
I recently purchased a preloved 227 with RHW that was described as having "plating wear". I received it earlier in the week and saw that the hardware had some peeling (not described) and the clasp may need to be looked at since it feels loose.

Would you keep the bag and try to fix it or return it?

Also does anyone know cost to replace such hardware?

Thanks!20180706_115123.jpg20180706_171034.jpg

How is the rest of the bag? Did you get it for a good deal? Are you sure it’s authentic?

If favorable answers to all the above, my suggestion is to just call a boutique near you to get the price for replacing hardware. I think it’s relatively cheap (~100-200)? Which to me is worth it because now you have brand new hardware and the rest of bag is nice. It could take time if it requires sending back to France. However, I think for some major city locations they may have it done locally vs France on simple fix like this so you should ask.

How is the rest of the bag? Did you get it for a good deal? Are you sure it’s authentic?

If favorable answers to all the above, my suggestion is to just call a boutique near you to get the price for replacing hardware. I think it’s relatively cheap (~100-200)? Which to me is worth it because now you have brand new hardware and the rest of bag is nice. It could take time if it requires sending back to France. However, I think for some major city locations they may have it done locally vs France on simple fix like this so you should ask.
I recently purchased a preloved 227 with RHW that was described as having "plating wear". I received it earlier in the week and saw that the hardware had some peeling (not described) and the clasp may need to be looked at since it feels loose.

Would you keep the bag and try to fix it or return it?

Also does anyone know cost to replace such hardware?

Thanks!View attachment 4125670View attachment 4125671
I would return it.