Would you include the original receipt for a bag you are selling if the buyer asks fo

Only bags are needed for authentication.

If bags can be fake...I don't know why receipts can't be

Of course, that is true! The only reason I mentioned it is that some people have had to show receipts to paypal or Tradesy to prove their items were authentic. Apparently they were successful at proving their items were authentic by producing the receipt. Even if it is misguided, some people will accept a receipt as proof.

Whateve is right on that Tradesy fact. I was accused of selling a fake LV when I first started selling. I immediately contacted the return team to find out the reason for the return. When they told me the buyer claimed that my bag was not authentic, I told them that's not correct and I purchased it myself and know it came from LV. Their next and only question to me was if I had a receipt to prove that statement. I gladly forwarded my e-receipt to them. 2 days later when the bag arrived at Tradesy HQ (don't even know if they authenticated it or not), they released my funds.

I think depending on the venue, a receipt can play a big role. I agree that authenticity should only be judged based upon the bag; however, it seems some companies do give merit to proof of purchase as well.

i can't understand why receipts are needed. And perhaps i'm not seeing what others are seeing.

For insurance or tax, buyers will have access to the very transactions you make with them so i don't understand why they need original receipts. Prices on those receipts are not what they pay for anyway. So what does that serve them?

And for repair...most brands don't ask for receipts. For authentication, the bags are what needed.

I've found resellers tend to ask for receipts as they plan to resell for higher profits. I guess that's their way of tricking next buyers that they are the original owners?

+1

I don't. I retain the original receipt so in the event of a dispute I have the original and don't have to go to the boutique for a reprint. For the LV Boutique purchases, I usually have an email of the electronic receipt so I'll often forward the email. For purchases bought through NM, I've heard horror stories and one story was direct from a woman in a private purse group. Her buyer took the purse and original receipt to LV and tried to do an exchange for a more expensive item and tried to have the difference charged to her NM account. While that was an anomaly, I prefer to keep my original receipts. I don't want my name on a receipt following a purse that may be resold. Or heaven forbid, my original receipt being used with a fake purse.

Would you include the original receipt for a bag you are selling if the buyer asks for it? If so, would you black out the price or your name?

This is what I would do:
- make a copy of the original receipt for your own record. Louis Vuitton can print an official duplicate if you ever needed it.
- black out any CC info. It's not necessary to black out your name. In fact, most buyers want to have access to that info for the future. Don't black out the price: it will look like you are hiding something.
- send the receipt with the bag. It will make the buyer feel much better about the purchase and be an extra guarantee of authenticity.

Because all my receipts are emailed to me as well as printed yes I always include the receipt. I actually ask for only my name to be printed on the receipt they print out. You can drive the price of your bag by having everything the bag came with originally.

No sense in marking off the price they can always look that up which they should do any way before buying preloved.

Would you include the original receipt for a bag you are selling if the buyer asks for it? If so, would you black out the price or your name?

If I sell face to face, I miiight. If I sell online I just don't.
Just because I know how some funky people out there may use it to sell a fake bag to someone else. And then I might end up trouble one day.