Would you get your monogram with only 2 letters?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. So, my next bag is going to be the Speedy 30 monogrammed. I think I have jumped ship from Caoch, atleast for the next purse. ANYWAY, I love the three initials BUT my daughters middle initial is different from mine but the first and the last are the same. So I was wondering if it would be weird to get just the first and last initial so that when I am done with it then I can pass it along to her. ( It should be a good 20 years until she gets married and then I'd get it back...hehe) I'd appreciate your thoughts ladies:biggrin:

2. I have only 2 letters so I don´t have any other option. :biggrin:

3. I dont have a middle name either, so I think 2 letters are fine. Maybe they can make them bigger to fill the space nicer?

When I was in high school I had to log on to the computer with your 3 initials, since I had no middle name they gave me an X :P

4. I would also use 2 initials if I were to get a mon mono bag.

5. I am planning on getting only two letters when I get mine.

6. How sweet that you want to do that to pass the purse along to your daughter!!

I think 2 initials look great, although I would use a purse with my Mum's initials even though they are not my initials just because the bag used to be my Mum's. It would be special and sentimental KWIM?

Either way, I think your mon mono will be fab!! Can't wait for your reveal!!

7. ^ I agree. I would definitely use it if it had my mums initials and since it was her it makes it so much more meaningful. :P
    You're so sweet for thinking about doing this for your daughter :hugs:

8. Definitely. I don't have any mon mono yet but my keepall luggage tag only has two letters.

9. I think it would be just fine~its yours & you can do whatever you wish! I bet your daughter is excited too!

10. Mine is 2 letters and a dot. Sometimes the letters can look smooshed together without the dot when there are only 2, but that also depends on the particular letters, colors, and which stripe you choose.

11. I honestly like the two better than three. If I was going to get a Mon Mono I think I would really prefer to go for one letter, my first name initial, but I think it's not allowed?! Don't understand why!

12. Mine only has two initials and I think it looks good.

13. I am another of those with no middle name, so i would no have a problem with only 2 initials!

14. Yay!!!! It's so funny the pics in the avatars from the replies have the same first initial as mine so I got a really good idea of how much I would loooooooooove it!! Yep, I am sticking with the two initials and I'm super excited. I don't know what I am looking more forward to - the day I get mine or the day I get to pass it along to my daughter. Thanks for all the input, you guys rock (and I love, love, love your purses!:biggrin:)

15. I have two middle names and I wouldn't use one over the other so I would only have two initials on a Mon Monogram.

All my hot stamped pieces are with just two initials too, and I think it looks absolutely fine.

Good luck with deciding on your Mon Mono design. :smile: