would you get something on display?

LV1st

Jan 3, 2012
is it normal practice for the boutique to give you whatever is on the floor or you should insist on getting a new stock? SA said its just been out but i wanted something that is really "new". LV SAs have always been understanding about this...but this Chanel SA hhhmmm....

is it normal practice for the boutique to give you whatever is on the floor or you should insist on getting a new stock? SA said its just been out but i wanted something that is really "new". LV SAs have always been understanding about this...but this Chanel SA hhhmmm....
If the item is absolutely the last one available and you love it and it's perfect, then I can see purchasing it. With that said, I always insist on an item that is from the stock room or the warehouse. There have been times when I have passed on an item because it was a display piece. When we pay these prices, we should be able to get an untouched item so don't let an SA pressure you.

Thanks :smile: she didn't say it was the last piece but simply said its just been out when I asked for a new stock. there was no effort on her end to at least check. Kinda disappointing as you expect great service for the price you're about to pay.

okay in this situation, walk away, and go to a different store. You are paying premium prices, the least she could do is check stock inventory in the computer, turn around and check in the stock room.

You should ask directly if she could check if there is a brand new untouched from stock room or warehouse. I would not trust SA when they say it is only been out for few minutes. IF she checked and there is none, and the one on the shelf is perfect to you, get it. If not, wait out for other new shipments but make sure you will not regret in case it is not coming.

Many times SAs tell me the bag is in perfect condition and I normally order via phone. When i get the bag, it has scratches on the interior lambskin lining. They are not the one paying the premium prices and they do not understand.

Very few good SAs understand this and take good care of their customers.

I sent the SA an email. being a Chanel newbie &all these talks of J Caviar being hard to locate and seeing one on display suddenly, I thought this is how it really goes inside C, what you see is what you get...thanks for the clarifications! btw, all I saw was lamb (in classic flaps) plus this one and only jumbo in caviar. I just hope it's not a return *sigh*...

Many times i see the bags on display with scratches on the front or on the inside flap. so no way would i pay for that especially because i take really good care of my bags. my SA automatically checks and tells me if there is a new one in the back or if what i'm looking at is the last one. i did buy once a WOC that was on display but it looked perfect to me probably was just put out.