Would you get a *vintage* Speedy's handles replaced?

Aug 14, 2013
Hello everyone :smile:

I got my very first LV in May from a luxury consignment store in Amsterdam that my boyfriend bought back for me. I got a Speedy 25 in monogram, she's 19 years old and I think she's in great shape. The inside is spotless, no stains or anything - the only thing aged is the outside leather pieces, especially the handles but they aren't too bad either.

My question is would you replace the handles on a vintage Speedy or any LV for that matter? I'm debating it for when I can afford it down the road. I'm kind of thinking I should just leave them because the handles are part of it's history. Below are some attached pictures of my Speedy :biggrin:

Attachments

• IMG_6886.JPG
    IMG_6886.JPG
    683.8 KB · Views: 761
  • IMG_6887.JPG
    IMG_6887.JPG
    706.5 KB · Views: 729
  • IMG_6888.JPG
    IMG_6888.JPG
    774.7 KB · Views: 720
  • IMG_6889.JPG
    IMG_6889.JPG
    850.9 KB · Views: 696
I love the look of vintage darkened handles! My Speedy is 20 years old and the handles look very similar to yours. I love that they have a dark patina, so I don't have to worry about protecting the vachetta as much.

It depends on the condition of the leather... If its just darkened vachetta, no need but if its dry and cracky, its a must!!!

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum

It depends on the condition of the leather... If its just darkened vachetta, no need but if its dry and cracky, its a must!!!

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum

+1 agreed. What's a little pigmentation colour? : ) I would be more concerned on the 'condition' of the leather ie cracks /dryness.

What i saw on your posted picture, the handle seems fine! Just a little conditioning will do the trick! :tup:

I have this speedy mono25 for more than 10years... The vachetta handle is quite dark, but i dont care, because i love the vintage look of it! Its my on the go bag until now!:hbeat::hbeat::hbeat:

What i saw on your posted picture, the handle seems fine! Just a little conditioning will do the trick! :tup:

I have this speedy mono25 for more than 10years... The vachetta handle is quite dark, but i dont care, because i love the vintage look of it! Its my on the go bag until now!:hbeat::hbeat::hbeat:

Do you know of a good product for conditioning?

These don't look bad! I remember when you first posted it was this one and another one in bad shape. The handles look okay, you could buy coach pony scarfs and wrap the handles. I wouldn't replace the handles, you could use that money to save for another bag. I think you said that you're both young students. Wrapping the handles would look nice.

You can also try cleaning it with lovin my bag's vachetta cleaner . It is a set of three includes cleaner, leather conditioner and protection. They have a website where you can purchase it. I use this with all my lv vachetta and also on my vintage noe. : ) . Post your before and after as well ; )