Would you get a keepall 45... or a handbag if you can only choose 1 item ?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Would you get a keepall 45... or a handbag if you can only choose 1 item ?

How often do you use a keepall... for those that have it.

Would a handbag be more useful for day to day... so get the handbag... or a keepall (since this is a classic item) ?

MarvelGirl and malzahnart like this.
  2. Which ever would fit YOUR lifestyle better. We all have different lifestyles and professions. . .so kind of difficult to answer for you. Personally I am particular about my bags so me getting a keepall which will be on the floor and what not does not work for me.

More bags likes this.
  3. It depends on your lifestyle/how much you travel or need a keepall. If it were me I would choose a handbag because it's something I never go without. I would use it much more frequently than a keepall. Good luck deciding!

4. As much as I love the looks of the Keepall, I know it isn't a bag for me. For a carry-on bag for air travel, I want something with pockets to help me stay organized. It might work for car trips, but I rarely take car trips. I just went through this debate myself. I opted for a new-to-me Lumineuse. It is a good sized purse/tote that I can use daily, and also for travel along with my usual carry-on tote when I fly.

5. I am so glad to see this post. I was thinking on the same lines....Keepall 45 or a tote/handbag. I have tons of LV handbags from the Pochette Felicie to Neverfulls and in between. So, I went to LV at Neimans and just got back and I decided on the Keepall 45 Bandouliere in the Macassar. It will be perfect for travel whether it's in the car or on a plane...it's not too big and I LOVE the Macassar. I already have the Porte Documents Voyage PM in the Macassar so it will match. I love having the LV print with the black so I don't have to worry about it getting dirty and I can throw it around. I'm so happy. I hope this helps. I will be using my Keepall for more than just travel. You can use it any time you need to take more than a purse's worth of stuff with you, or shopping, or to the gym, or take paperwork I can think of lots of reasons to use mine and I will. And, I love the bandouliere..there's the extra pad for your shoulder and it stays on your arm. Also, there are no pockets in the Keepall but I really don't need one...I have all my SLG's and I like
    to organize. Sorry for rambling on and on. Have a great day and I'm sure you will be happy with whatever you decide on.

HazeLV, Cocoabean and MarvelGirl like this.
  6. I too can appreciate your inquiry post and the decision that matzahnart just made! I am an Hermes, Chanel and Bottega Veneta woman. I don't own any LV bags or SLGs. Not one. So, the keep all 45 in Macassar is my ONLY LV. I just purchased it yesterday! I plan to use it for air travel and weekend trips to my parents, friends, the beach, etc.. It was a no brainer for me as it is the quintessential LV classic. And, with the black leather, it is now worry free too. Good luck deciding!

malzahnart likes this.
  7. Congrats on your purchase! I have been thinking of getting a keep all but am torn between the sizes. The SA told me that I should not go higher than 50, as anything above that will look chunky on me (think of a guy going to football practice). And I definitely don't want that kind of look he he :smile:.

But then I have read that many find the 45 too small, although I am in doubt if the 50 is already a bit on the larger size. May I ask what made you choose the 45?

MarvelGirl likes this.
  8. Thanks so much, eurohoney! :hugs:I too struggled with what size to purchase - 45 or 55. Ultimately, for me, it all came down to the fact that I will probably purchase the larger companion 55 keepall (not sure which design though) as well at some point in the near future. So, for now, I will be able to use the 45 as a no problem carry on for air travel as well as for short car weekend trips and also around town when I need to haul a bit more. I don't think you can really go wrong with either size though. Good luck deciding and please let us know what you settle on!

Cocoabean likes this.
  9. AWESOME!!!

MarvelGirl likes this.
  10. Thanks twin! Congrats on your Macassar purchase. Hope you enjoy it in the best of health and happiness!!

11. I was in your shoes recently and was also considering the Lumineuse like @Cocoabean. I ended up with a new-to-me Keepall 50 that I plan to use care free for any and all travel, possibly as a gym bag for 2 people as well.

Your choice depends on your needs and what you already have. I don't "need" another bag right now and I could definitely see myself using a Keepall. If you need a bag, go for a bag. If you don't need a bag and travel often -- go for a Keepall. If you need a bag and also travel frequently -- consider a bag similar to the Lumineuse to serve both purposes.

onlyk likes this.
  12. So well put! Our needs are all individual. These are all big investments for some of us. OP, if you are unsure, maybe purchase a Keepall 45 preloved. You can find them at significant savings, but perhaps not quite perfect. Use it for a while to see if it works for your lifestyle. Then purchase a new one, if that is your preference.

13. Unless you travel on a regular basis, I would get a handbag that you can use everyday

14. An astronomical number of gym-goers at the club I used to go to carried Keepalls as their gym bag. At any given time you could see about twenty of them at once, it was almost funny.

malzahnart likes this.