Would you file "Item not as described"?

Vily

Apr 14, 2011
I bought the jacket/coat for the engagement party last weekend, won the auction on Monday & paid same day..email the seller and asked her to ship asap bc needed by weekend...received item on Thursday and after inspection, found stains around neck, arm and shoulder....and guessed what a shopping note in one of the pocket and a hair clip in another pocket...yuck!!

this is in her listing "As new condition. Only worn a couple of times. No tears or stains"

emailseller but never got a replied....

didn't paid much (under $50 including shipping) but...still upset...:nogood:

Vily

Apr 14, 2011
its yellowish on light pink..hard to captures on camera except the one in shoulder should be ok...
I think I kindoff ok if she replied and sorry..her mistake etc.... but ignore my email...well more upset :nono:

I'd take pictures of the stains and include them in the case if you decide to file one. Are you looking for a partial or full refund?

BeenBurned

Coach, Dooney, Uggs
Authenticator
O.G.
Feb 25, 2007
This is a pet peeve of mine. Sellers should NOT use "new," "like new," "as new," "new without tags; only worn once," etc. if an item has been used, even if for an hour, it's NOT new and shouldn't be described as such.

In this case, you said she stated that it was worn "a couple of times," so that would explain items in the pocket. I'm not sure that's a legit complaint since it was described as having been worn.

But if she didn't mention stains, that's a problem.

I'd contact her again, perhaps both through ebay messaging and directly to her email address and tell her that you have a problem and you'd like to resolve it. If you aren't amenable to a return and full refund, you might have a problem. Many sellers aren't fans of partial refunds because too many buyers "concoct" issues in order to get a partial refund, thus a better bargain on their item.

Personally, if I were the seller, I'd prefer to have the imperfect item back and since the error was the seller's mistake, I'd refund shipping in both directions also.

If the seller responds to you, both of you can work out what resolution works best for you.

Dec 17, 2010
^^^Ita. People throw around "like new" waaaaaaay to much. I've seen people sell bags with dark patina and describe them as like new. Clearly it means different things to different people.

To the OP: Ring around the collar is not acceptable on something described as "like new." Kinda careless of the seller to not even check the pockets before sending it out. Yuck.

Vily

Apr 14, 2011
Will contact her again, sees if she replied!! Would prefer a refund but wait & see

This is a pet peeve of mine. Sellers should NOT use "new," "like new," "as new," "new without tags; only worn once," etc. if an item has been used, even if for an hour, it's NOT new and shouldn't be described as such.

In this case, you said she stated that it was worn "a couple of times," so that would explain items in the pocket. I'm not sure that's a legit complaint since it was described as having been worn.

But if she didn't mention stains, that's a problem.

I'd contact her again, perhaps both through ebay messaging and directly to her email address and tell her that you have a problem and you'd like to resolve it. If you aren't amenable to a return and full refund, you might have a problem. Many sellers aren't fans of partial refunds because too many buyers "concoct" issues in order to get a partial refund, thus a better bargain on their item.

Personally, if I were the seller, I'd prefer to have the imperfect item back and since the error was the seller's mistake, I'd refund shipping in both directions also.

If the seller responds to you, both of you can work out what resolution works best for you.